CM... tell me

kafs78

Reaction score
Are you clued up with the signs of Cerv Mucus?

Can anyone tell me how long before OV do you get the creamy/cloudy CM?
i seem to have this for a few days now, but my OPKs are all -... so im wondering if my OV is round the corner or not?

Any advice would be a great help..:thumbup:

I'm not sure because I find CM very confusing!

This month I had creamy CM on CD11 and then CD12 (today) had the egg white CM so I presume I'm ovulating now?

Confusing!!

Oh fishface - you lucky lucky girl... hope your BDing tonight...

im on CD10, so maybe i will OV very soon????????????

Yeah it's usually around cd14 isn't it? Perhaps it's a sign that you're about to OV. But last month when I got a bfp, I BD'd before I ov'd and not on the day that I saw the egg white.

Why not give it a go tonight??

There is no set time as everyone is different. Some cant get ewcm outside their body but must look inside ( i know...:)) while other gets tons when wiping and on pants.

Others only get it on ov day while others start having it 5-6 days before ov (like me) and even a few days after.

You simply need to monitor and find what is normal for you and then you will get a picture how your body works. Keep in mind that its the cervix that produces the ewcm (the clear, or sometimes slightly cloudy stretchy stuff, hence the name eggwhite, cause its similar in appearance and texture) and depending on how long and how much oestrogen you body produces it will vary from woman to woman.

There are things you can do to make the ewcm more abundant and it really does work. But unless you feel really dry when bd'ing etc its not strictly necessary to have boatloads of the stuff to get pg, although it is there to nourish and string the sperms along the vagina up through the cervix.

Usually ewcm means you are in your fertile window and it certainly doesn't hurt to get busy as soon as you see it - i obviousy don't as i get it quite a while in advance - i.e. when you get ewcm you are about to ov, however, without monitoring your cm and more importantly your ov, you have no real way of knowing when you actual are ov'ing. But hey, if you have the energy, a little extra nookie never hurt anyone, lol!!

Hope that helps! :)

Omi - thansk 4 that.. What kind of things can help? Like vitamins?

There's something called preseed. I've not tried it before, but you can buy it from Boots. it's a bit like a lubricant/cm which helps the swimmers

And at what stage in your cycle can you take that from?

You can drink grapefruit juice everyday from cd 1, take a spoonful of honey each day. Take cough syrup with guaifenesin as a main ingredient (its an expectorant, brings up mucus when you have a bad cough) Tesco's does one. You can google this for exact measurements etc.

The other option is paying for special fertility lube. Preseed and Zestica does not kill sperm, is deposited inside before bd and helpes sperm get where they're going. Conceive Plus does too plus they claim it helps conception as its contains minerals which helps sperm penetrate the egg etc.

The last option is eggwhites. Organic eggs, room temp. Its all protein like sperm and does exactly the same job as its the same consistency etc etc. You cant get salmonella as the vagina cannot absorb it (but don't use an egg you picked yourself as all eggs in UK are treated, your own, obviously not :)) Its also cheaper! You can get the lubes on ebay and other sites. Ive been told Conception plus can be bought at Boots.

Good luck, hun! :)

Not into the egg white part - yuk!

Might try a spoonful on honey - simply as its in my kitchen cupboard ryt now.

PS) where in Glasgow are you from? im out in cumbernauld

Im in the West End. I work in the East End, though. Quite a trek each day, lol!

I know the eggwhites are not for everyone but don't knock it - many have gotten pregnant on it and desperation does weird stuff to you, lol!! :)

I would say hydration is quite important to, drink lots of water each day. A lot of people say green tea is good too. Have you tried EPO? Evening Primrose Oil? If you take the super charged variety 1000mg- 3000mg a day, that can help too. Boots sells this as well as superdrugs.

God, i sound like some drug baron :haha:

Gawd you know you stuff... your like a walking talking Google!!

I bought Starflower oil (as it says it was for the menstration cycle ) but strangly i bled the next day and i put it down to taking this.... prob wasnt tho, but i have not took anymore since.

Suppose i could always try and drink more water....

The same happened to me when I took Evening Primrose Oil, messed my cycles up and I stopped taking it.

AHA, so it very well might have been the starflower oil..

Fk taking it again then... so what are you taking??
au natural or honey/preeseed/raw egg whites????????

The thing with a lot of this stuff is that you shouldn't take it after ov as it can make you cramp hence the mc risk.

However, its all a bit try and error as we all don't really know our hormone levels so where some things work well in one person it might not in another. You have to find what works well for you. Starflower works similarly to Agnus Castus, it can lengthen your luteal phase ( a healthy one is 10-16 days - days from ov to af. It almost never changes whereas your ov can from time to time. It useful as you will always know when you're due) but also add to ewcm.

Again, not to be taken past ov it has been used for centuries as it can regulate your hormones, particularly beneficial for ttc women. But as before, it may work for you or it may not. No harm in trying except for rage when your cycle changes, lol!

Hope that helps!

ps, i know all this stuff cause been at this biz a while...just a little while, lol!

Hmm, i think you might be a doctor /midwife????

Your toooooooo knowledgeable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->