cmpi/lactose intolerance. What breakfast????

wtbmummy

Reaction score
So ds LOVES his breakfast now and it is an established routine :thumbup:
However he is on soya milk as he is lactose intolerant or maybe cmpi. This means he cant have any porridge or products made with milk :dohh:

Atm he has banana with his milk or soya yogurt or both :winkwink:

Is there anyone who can give me some more ideas on breakfast? Idont want ds to get bored of the same few tastes :shrug:

Thank you :flower:

He's very young, so there's very little you can offer for breakfast at the moment anyway (no wheat, oats, eggs, usually not yogurt either but I don't know about soya yougurt before 6 months). If you are keen to wean early, baby rice made with soya milk and fruit/veg puree are your only real options. After 6 months though, you can make anything with soya milk (many mums I know with babies who are lactose intolerant/cmpi use almond milk or coconut milk, but again probably only after 6 months). But any sort of fruit or veg should be fine, including mixes of fruit and veg and sweeter veg like carrot or sweet potato. For the moment, you're just really limited and it has nothing to do with not being able to use dairy, just that what you can feed that early is not very extensive. After 6 months, oat porridge with soya/almond/coconut milk, weetabix, scrambled egg, toast, pancakes, etc. all can easily be made dairy free. My daughter's favourite breakfast has long been scrambled eggs.

You could make oatmeal with soya milk or water... Although I wouldn't have started weaning him anyways, he's way too young imo

plum make a porridge with out milk in it, at that was 1st stage, at this point weaning wont move so quickly. at this time i really would stick to making anything with the formula as you dont want them losing any nutrients. my friend weaned at 4 months under paed advice as she did baby rice, fruit puree and porridge.

at 6 months it gets more exciting as they want to eat, i dotted in and out of weaning at 4 and half months but decided to stop quite quickly and at 5 and a half months it was a signiciant difference and feeding was a hoot and a pleasure, wanted to put off all that cleaning up for as long as possible

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->