• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Co Mayo Group in Crisis-Please Read

angelcakebaby

Reaction score
Hi Guys

ÁIRC-Supporting Children with Disabilities in Mayo is a group run by parents to support families involved in Mayo Early Intervention Services. We provide funding, advocacy, communication and support in whatever form it is needed. I’m posting this as recently due to family illnesses and other unforeseen circumstances we have lost committee members and a currently just about managing to keep the group running on a few members.

The group is fantastic. We have had several successful fundraising events including pub quiz, marathons and collections and soon we are running a salsa night to raise money. We also provide advocacy in the form parental representation on the governance board of Mayo Early Intervention. Last Christmas we produced a calendar to raise awareness of our kids that featured children from all over Mayo with a wide range of conditions which showed them enjoying everyday life just like any other kid. This was a huge success selling 600 copies countywide and we were very proud of it. We have also provided respite care to facilitate family outings for those in difficult circumstances and currently we are developing a resource library for our two centres in Castlebar and Ballina.

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE WE CAN DO!.....but we need more members. There are very few groups like ours and only a handful of counties have them. We should be proud and grateful for such a great platform to do good work. To advocate for our kids and use it to our advantage to give us a louder voice when united. Hopefully one day we will join with other county groups and our voices will be louder still perhaps under a larger banner like Specialneeds Parents.

Being a member only requires 2 hours a month of your time. We appreciate that time is a valuable commodity for all parents, especially ones like us that sometimes have extra worries but it is so important. Without more members we will have to dissolve and that would be an absolute tragedy when so much fabulous hard work has already been done. (you must be a member of the service though i.e parent of child in Mayo EI Services)

Please please help. PM me or post here. We will also be holding an informal meeting in the front bar of Travellers Friend Hotel, Castlebar on 21st June at 8pm. Also there will be a meeting in Ballina at the same time. I will post again when I have the venue. These will be relaxed meetings in the form of a chat and a drink. No commitment necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I know it’s a bit of a novel.

Angela Locke xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->