co sleeping and intimacy (and books)....

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
Can i ask how any of you who are co sleeping with baby andyour partner, how do you keep the intimacy? i just got my snugglenest yesterday and it is great but it seems like such a barrier between me and hubby. We havent yet dtd since i gave birth because i have been bleeding til just a few days ago :wacko: He will outgrow the nest in a month or 2 but mummy/daddy intimacy is important. I dont just mean DTD, i mean kisses and cuddles as well. But then again, my husband will be working night shift starting in July. Any advice??

Also, can anyone reccommend any good co sleeping books? I will need help when we want to have LO sleep in his own room (in a while)

well LO doesnt sleep in the middle but at the edge between me and a safety rail. As such OH and I do get to cuddle etc. We arent at the stage of any more intimacy yet as Im still have post natal issues ( thought they had been fixed but back as of yesterday...argh!)

George will go down in his Moses basket for the first part of the night (ie 10-1) then comes in with us. Could you try something similar??

As regards books - 'three in a bed' is a recommended read :)

I totally recommend The Baby Book by Sears and Sears, they have a fab section on co-sleeping. One of the things that they suggest that every OTHER room in the house has the potential to become a 'love chamber'! :rofl: Because we have the Amby and he sometimes goes in that we've found that to be a good time, or daytime naps (I am incredibly blessed to have a husband who is home during the day most of the time).
Entirely TMI, but it may be useful to someone, when Daniel has a nap-from-which-he-is-hard-to-wake (rare, but it does happen) I can slide him out of the sling/wrap into his carseat/bouncer and we put it sort of near the door of the bathroom because the white noise of the shower seems to keep him settled and then the shower...well...:blush: !
Hope this helps, anyway! :flower:

My LO wakes at the sign of us cuddling in bed :( He's in a bedside cot so a bit distracting anyway :lol: and daytime naps are on us so zilch intimacy going on. Sorry not what you wanted to hear.

OH sleeps in a different room as Molly and I cosleep (in a big kingsize bed :haha:) because he snores really loudly. We just steal time where we can, tbh... Molly goes to bed and then I sneak into his room or when she's napping we sneak off. Sounds so pervy but it's more fun than ever, reminds me of being a teenager again... :rofl:

It can be difficult and we don't get the time anything like as much as we used to but we're happy and have kisses and cuddles all through the day as usual. OH misses sleeping in the same bed but, tbh, I so love sleeping with Molly that it's not been hard at all for me.

xxx

:rofl: I remember sneaking off while Tabs was napping but she ALWAYS woke up half way through :rofl:

Oh no, we sometimes wonder if she will but it's not happened yet...

I think she had some sort of sixth sense :haha: Used to say (not that we were TTC) that she just didnt want a brother or sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->