Co-Sleeping/BF Question

Missy89

Due on my mums b-day :D
Reaction score
So im planning in having LO in with me for the first few weeks to see how we get one, plus I heard that it helps you get a better night sleep with breastfeeding, I was looking at bed rails today and a bizzare question popped into my head...

If im layed on my right side and im feeding from my right breast, do I need to turn onto my left side to feed from the left breast? Will this be dangerous as LO will end up between me and DH? Or is there another posistion? Or can you just feed from one breast during the night?

Sorry for all the questions!:flower: Ive probally just missed the obvious:blush:

When i put lo inbetween me and oh i just put my arm round her. its unreal how aware you are that their there(while your asleep). I also just feed from one boob at night but i alternate it every night (hope that makes sense).
it is also possible to feed from both breast when your on one side but i don't know if you would be able to sleep while feeding from the top one.

Ah thats cool Thank-you, as much as I wouldn't tell my OH this I don't trust him to not roll over as much as I trust myself! Im sure he'll be fine but will take a little while. I was hoping I could either just feed from one breast or maybe wake up to feed from the top breast and then fall back asleep whilst feeding from the bottom!

I suppose only time will tell! I REALLY like my sleep even if I only sleep for 5hours at a time I like those 5hours :haha: I know Im gunna be very sleep diprived but anything I can do to help Im gunna try!

I tended to feed from one side at night. I then made sure she fed off the other side in the morning when she got up. Later on I/we got more practiced at this and it wasn't a problem.

I used to sleep with Caine cradled in my arms latched on, or they can sleep on you too! I used to swap through the night as I would be leaking all over the place too :dohh:

Thank-you girls its really nice hearing your experiances cus its not something you can ask everyone, ill keep them all in mind when im trying out what works best :D

I mainly feed from one side but also turn onto my front more so LO can get at the other boob. I also sit up crosslegged in bed to feed sometimes too.

I usually just feed from one side at night but now that she's older I have no issues with her being between DH and I either. :flower:

When she was very small she used to feed all night and I'd sort of hug her close and roll over with her so she was on the other side, then I'd roll her back and go to sleep. Now if she needs to feed from the other side, I can lean over a bit more, but that wouldn't have worked when she was littler as I'm not particularly well endowed!

Until Jack was about five months old, he slept on top of me (me laying on my back and him laying on me on his tummy, if that makes sense!), and I'd slide him to either side for a feed and then put him back on my chest when finished. If we'd both fallen asleep before finishing, it was no big deal because my arm was around him. He's now too big to sleep like that, so he sleeps on either side of me with me curled around him. I always have one arm across him, holding him. And DH is also now very aware of him being there (now that I'm back at work, they snuggle together until it's time to get up, as I get up at 6am).

It definately helps us, and we both sleep much better!

I feed Leni from my right breast at night time as it's his favourite one :lol:

Then during the day i use my left one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"