Co sleeping disaster :(

whats the point in co sleeping?

Sorry, but why are they in your bed?

Because that is how it should be. Why carry a baby for 9 months in your body only to throw it in a crib in a room by itself? I think it is horrible that people do this and can only imagine how scared those poor babies are alone in the night like that. I love my kids too much to not want to sleep with them and am certainly not selfish enough to put my wants ahead of what my baby wants.

I may be carrying my baby for 9 months, but I do not trust myself enough to put my baby in my bed with me and my husband. I don't think its cruel to put the baby in a crib in the same room and most of the ladies in this thread are not saying their putting the baby in a seperate room, the babies will be close to them the entire time.

whats the point in co sleeping?

Sorry, but why are they in your bed?

Because that is how it should be. Why carry a baby for 9 months in your body only to throw it in a crib in a room by itself? I think it is horrible that people do this and can only imagine how scared those poor babies are alone in the night like that. I love my kids too much to not want to sleep with them and am certainly not selfish enough to put my wants ahead of what my baby wants.

I'm quite offended with your attitude and the suggestion that those who don't co-sleep dont love their child as much as you do. I made a decision not to co-sleep because I love my dd too much to put her at risk of smothering her. She slept in with us in her cot for the first 12 weeks when we made the decision to move her into her own room. She was not scared, she slept soundly without us disturbing her and is only a few feet away. If she wakes wengo straight to her so she isn't abandoned in any way. If you choose to co-sleep then Good for you but dont go making sweeping statements like that about those of us who decide to parent differently.

I am against baby-throwing as a rule, so I won't be throwing baby in a crib ;), but I will have her in a bassinet or separated co-sleeper.

We have too many blankets and move around too much. Learned from sleeping with the dog in the bed that we aren't always aware of our movements.

My comment was only for the person I quoted. Her comment was offensively worded as to what the hell is the point in sleeping with your child when you can just throw them in their own room the minute they come out of the womb.

I never said letting a baby sleep in a crib next to the parents bed was bad so get your panties out of the wad that they are in. Babies that sleep directly next to the parents in a crib can be considered a form of co sleeping as well so my comment was obviously not for you.

And yes, I do feel like I love my kids more than a woman who puts their babies in a nursery from the time they come home from a hospital. If you loved your baby that much I don't think you should be abadoning it at night from such an early age. Again that is nursery, not crib in the parents room.

Well. I must be a terribly selfish mother as I am creating a lovely nursery to toss my baby in after being in a bassinet. Oh the horror.

Baby will probably get more sleep in the nursery actually as DH snores or tosses and needs tv to fall asleep as it's a 20 year habit. No one says they are ignoring their baby in the nursery or leaving their child to cry for hours merely because they are in a nursery vs being next to the mother. it's not a question of who loves a baby more, it's a question of what's the best situation on an individualized level.

Well. I must be a terribly selfish mother as I am creating a lovely nursery to toss my baby in after being in a bassinet. Oh the horror.

Baby will probably get more sleep in the nursery actually as DH snores or tosses and needs tv to fall asleep as it's a 20 year habit. No one says they are ignoring their baby in the nursery or leaving their child to cry for hours merely because they are in a nursery vs being next to the mother. it's not a question of who loves a baby more, it's a question of what's the best situation on an individualized level.

I agree, I will try to moses basket in our room.. but due to OH snoring and his alarm going off at 5am for work every morning, I don't know how long it'll work for. But if he has to go in his nursery, then so be it. I've made it all cute and nice already.

Doesn't mean I don't love my baby any less :/

This thread isn't a debate of who loves their babies more (really quite impossible to judge anyway!) it's a thread to make sure babies and their parents are safe and happy as things can go wrong. There's risks with babies no matter what the situation whether sleeping in cribs, car seats, bassinets or cosleeping. It just doesn't hurt rethinking what you plan to do to make sure you are aware of risks and take precautions to prevent an accident.

My comment was only for the person I quoted. Her comment was offensively worded as to what the hell is the point in sleeping with your child when you can just throw them in their own room the minute they come out of the womb.

And yes, I do feel like I love my kids more than a woman who puts their babies in a nursery from the time they come home from a hospital. If you loved your baby that much I don't think you should be abadoning it at night from such an early age. Again that is nursery, not crib in the parents room.

Im Utterly lost for words! The poster you quotes asked a perfectly reasonable question about what is the point of co-sleepig. Maybe she doesn't know much about it.

As for you loving your child more because you co-sleep.... Well words fail me again. Narrow minded comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->