Co sleeping with crawling baby

juliespencer9

Reaction score
Hi all, Im wondering what you all do when your Lo is crawling and a fidget and co sleep?

When you first put them to bed do you put them in the cot to start untill you go to bed then they come into your bed or do you put them to bed straight into your bed?

I ask this cos my LO is 9 months and crawling, i put her to bed at 7pm in cot, she hates it and cries every half hr untill shes comes into my bed at 10pm when i go to bed. I dont wanna put her straight into my bed as she sometimes suddenly wakes and would crawl about and may fall out!:cry:

I have thought about getting a trampoline net and putting it round my bed and attatching in to the celling so its like a big cot ( im serious by the way) i know it sounds funny:haha:

What do you all do?:flower:

morgans not crawling yet , but when he does im guna push the cot up2 the bed (for when hes in the bed,.....which is always!) and put pillows under the bed all the way round him and jsut listern very careful on the monitor i guess..will look out for other answers xx grt Q tho was wondering this the other day

belt, bungee cord tie...DONE!!! :haha: no seriously i really dont know....what about putting a mattress on the floor?

you could try getting those net side rails 4 beds?

i just pile cushions around the bed so if he falls out his landing will be soft...He has crawled straight out and i think the bump did scare him but no harm was done!

yeh them summer side thingys !! im guna get one for the other side lol

push ur bed up2 a walll ? and put one of these on the other side, and pillows under the duvet so cant crawl over themx

Yeah I found out about this the hard way. One morning I brought him into bed with me after his first feed of the day, we both woke up but then I accidentally dozed back off, only to be awoken by an almighty thud and screaming, he'd crawled backwards off the bed and hit his head on the radiator. I was distraught! I find as long as I'm cradling him, we're OK, he sleeps fine, the issue is just if we wake up and I let go off him in an attempt to get up, but drop back off, then he's awake and 'free' and I'm asleep and oblivious. Since then I put pillows up against the radiator as well as on the floor so if he falls it's straight onto pillows but it hasn't happened since.

and pillows under the duvet so cant crawl over themx

oh no...LOs can crawl over pillows! :rofl: i used to make a wall of pillows around kian if i was leaving him on the bed but he climbs straight over them!

Well, my bed is now pushed up against the wall, and I have a safety rail on the other side, so it's only really the bottom of the bed that's an issue. During the night, I wake up if he's wriggling down towards the bottom of the bed (though usually he just wriggles upwards and climbs the pillows :dohh:), and in the evenings (bad habit alert!) he sleeps on my knee til I go to bed :blush: so I don't worry about leaving him in bed by himself.

Very occasionally I'll put him in the cot until I go to bed, but more often than not he'll scream if I put him in there. He needs to be in a really deep sleep before I attempt that. Also I do sometimes put him into my bed on his own, and just listen extra carefully to the monitor (and also am usually paranoid and go stand at the bottom of the stairs and strain my ears for any noise). If he wakes up though, he usually starts shouting 'Mum' before he crawls about the bed. :lol:

I sleep when Emma sleeps so I'm always with her but we have a mattress on the floor for the time being. She crawled right off one night and the next day I immediately got rid of everything but the mattress. I also put pillows down on the floor and now she thinks it is funny to nosedive and roll. :dohh:

Was wondering just this the other day. My boy can't go anywhere yet, so we're safe for now. But I, too, have my bed against a wall with a guard rail on the other side. So we should at least get through the rolling stage without incident...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->