co-sleeping

pichi

TTC on hold
Reaction score
i plan to co-sleep with #3 (if i am so lucky to fall pregnant again) but OH isn't keen on bed sharing so i thought a co-sleeping crib would be ideal.

what would you recommend? I don't want to spend a small fortune as our bambinos are usually in their own room after 6m as they have naturally started sleeping longer and i hate to disturb their sleep when i come to bed later.

i thought of getting a cot and bumping it up against the bed so there is no gap... It means id be able to breastfeed easier too.

what do you girls think?

We took the side off a cheap Mothercare dropside cot. You can't just push it up against the bed and leave it as there would normally be a gap (even the ones sold as co-sleeping cots by Mothercare had negative reviews about that aspect last time I checked). We needed to adjust the mattress height of the cot (needed to measure and drill four new holes - quick and easy), then push the baby mattress across tight up to the adult mattress and stuff the resulting gap at the far side (most people use tightly rolled towels) and of course secure the cot to the bed tightly. I also had to roll some towels under the overhanging bit of baby mattress as our bed frame didn't fully support it. It only took about 15 minutes to do and then I didn't need to do it again. It would have been easy to undo it to, if I wanted to use it as a standard cot later, but not something you could do in a few seconds!

yeah sorry that's what i meant when i said bump it beside our bed :haha: i seen a woman that done that with a cheap Ikea cot so thinking of doing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->