co sleeping

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
Jacob has been a very clingy baby since birth and will only fall asleep on someone, and will only go in his cot when he is in a deep sleep but often wakes up after 5 minutes when he realises he isnt being held.

He sleeps with us a night which is a habbit i didnt want to start, I tried just putting him in his cot but i couldnt face listening to him crying! has anyone managed to break co sleeping i want to try and stop it sooner rather than later, although i love it at the moment I know it can carry on for years.

x

i have the same problem with zane he has trouble fallin asleep himself and now sleeps with me.

i dont believe in letting him lie in his basket crying so when he crys i go back into see him just to let him no im still around n it sometimes works lol

last night i put zane in his pram n rocked him to sleep left him an hour then put him in his basket at around 11.30pm he then woke up at 3am so i put him in bed with me .

with me half n half works at the moment

We co-slept for the first 4 months then moved Brennan over to a hammock crib next to the bed and he sleeps just fine there. At this stage Jacob still does not realize he is a seperate person. He has spent the last 9 months inside, being warm and hearing your body and feeling your every move. It takes some time to get used to being outside.

thanks samantha that has made me feel better knowing it can be done in a few months :)

x

We co-slept for the first 11 months, she now only comes in with us at about 5am.

hun i gotta be honest i dont know about co-sleeping
i started it because my baby would not sleep at all except in my arms even in the hospital and i needed my sleep! but in the long run i am stuck now with a baby who never ever sleeps by himself only in a swing or in the car for short periods of time. the rest of the time he is awake. at night i have to go to bed latest at 10:30 coz he is screaming his head off and tired and will only go down with me. I dont feel it does much for you as a couple as you dont really have couple time at all. I feel the only way ill get out of co-sleeping is to wait until the baby is old enough that he will stay in his crib ( like maybe at a year old or something) or let the baby cry it out -something like most moms i dont want to do. I know its lovely to let the baby feel safe and warm with his mom and it allows you to sleep if you have a baby like mine but i think it was a mistake.
This is just my opinion

I have fell asleep with Jas once or twice and never again, I have a big fear that il roll onto her in the night so I don't allow her to sleep in my bed, I dont begrudge anyone else doing it but its not something im comfortable with. I remember my god-daughter being born and she co-slept with her parents and still does shes now 3, my other god-daughter stopped at 5.

We sometimes have Kayleigh on one of those big comfy cushions on the bed between us but it's usually when she's having a lot of tummy trouble or I'm having troube and am too tired or sore to be able to get up so many times at night. I've been told this is okay but after 3 months when habits are forming not to have her in with us. She's 7 weeks now. However I worry about her comfort and so we try not to have her with us as much as possible. I think I prefer her being close at night more than she does :) I'm a clingy mum trying to learn not to be :)

we co slept out of necessity up until a week ago. so long as she's well fed, she'll sleep by herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->