Colcoscopy and TTC?

Reb S

Moving on...
Reaction score
Sorry, this is going to be a rather negative thread...We're just beginning to decide whether or not to try IVF again (3 years TTC, lost little Ben in October, now 40) and I had a recall to a smear and now a letter for a colcoscopy exam. Anyone have any idea what effect this has on TTC? And whether we should wait now and not try this month? Am now really beginning to give up hope of ever being a mummy...it just seems like everything is against us.
PS just to be a little more cheerful, my dog just laid his head on the keyboard and wrote a load of nonsense as if to say, Oi! What about me?!

I had a number of colposcopies in 1997 and ended up having a large loop excision (large area of cervix removed) as I had CIN 3. I then went on to have my now 12 year old in Nov 1998 and another son in 2001. My first son was born by c-section back in 1989, whereas the two I had after the colposcopies etc were born vaginally without any problems. I'm now 39 and expecting number 4.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything else xxx

Hi,

I have had a couple of treatments for CIN3 over the past 3 years and I was told that it won't cause you problems to get pregnant, but it may weaken the cervix and a stich may be needed to keep the cervix closed but that's on a rare occasion. The only problem would be if you went ahead with the IVF and then found out that they need to treat you they can't if your pregnant, they would have to wait about 3 months after the baby has been born.

I would wait till after the colposcopy and you have the results of that.

take care, laura x

If you're just having a colposcopy, which is a closer look at the cervix then it shouldn't have any problem with TTC even if they take a small biopsy, as the other ladies have said on here, it's probably best to wait for the results of the colposcopy in case you do require treatment that couldn't wait until after you'd delivered. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->