Cold at 28 weeks - natural/organic remedies

Jeannam2008

Reaction score
I'm just entering the 3rd trimester and starting it off with a cold; sore throat. I had a cold during my 1st trimester and was absolutely miserable. I want to combat this before it gets that bad but without resorting to medications.

What are some tried and true ways to stop a cold before it starts or worsens? Looking for home remedies, natural, or organic

I used a couple of drops of olbas oil in some hot water - put your head over it and inhale. I also put a towel over my head so that I breathed in as much steam as possible x

Good luck! I am just now getting over a week and a half long cold and the killer at the moment is the coughing. I take a spoonful of honey which coats the throat and definitely makes the throat less sore and slows the coughing down. Other than that- fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices, LOTS of water, gargle with warm salt water to help the throat pain. Drink warm fluids in the forms of decaffeinated teas and sweeten them with honey instead of sugar.

Steam steam steam!

I hope it doesn't stick around for you!

For sore throat and coughing I use hot lemonade and honey. Cinnamon is good at killing things too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->