cold..eek!!

luckyme225

Reaction score
Connor has his first cold and I'm a nervous wreck, mostly because I can't hold him for more then a minute. I had a lump removed from my breast so I'm not supposed to be lifting heavy things for awhile but I can't not hold him when he is crying for comfort. Luckily my husband is home now but he has to go to work tomorrow because he will be taking the next two days after that to watch him while I got to work. I gave him a bath and that seemed to help drop his temp. I know the doctors wont do anything but say he has to ride it out. I have given him Tylenol but it really doesn't seem to be making him feel any better. Anyone have any tips on what helped sooth their LO through their cold??? I just really want him to get better soon, how long do colds normally last? His cough sounds really painful. Sorry for the life story I'm just a worried mommy :wacko:

oh poor little man and poor you :hugs: hope you both feel better soon :hugs: i don't think maddi's lasted longer than 5days to a week :hugs: it really helped her when i popped a wedge under her mattress for sleeping :hugs: x

Aww, yes first colds are horrible! When Valerie had hers, she was really congested more than anything. So I stuck some Viks Vapor Rub (advised from the doc) on her chest when she would go to bed at night. I also stuck a humidifier in her room and every now and then would take her into the bathroom with me while I took a shower. This was all to just decongeste her. She never had a temp, but doctors advised to give her tylenol if it ever came to that. I think you said you already did that....so you're doing the right things! :) Val had her cold for close to two weeks...it sucked, but she came out of it real good. Connor will come out of it eventually! I hope soon, for your sake! :)

First, I would get some Vicks plug ins and that will definitely help his nasal congestion. Vicks rub shouldn't be used on babies under 2, however, they do have a Baby Vicks Rub but not sure if it's available to you.

Saline drops help clear out the nose too.

Hope you both feel better soon! :hugs:

Also elevating the head of the crib/bed will help. Hope LO feels better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->