Cold pizza?

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
We had dominos last night and today I was really hungry so I grabbed a piece out the fridge, it was chicken and sweet corn and I ate a slice then suddenly realised that it could be bad so I re heated it in the microwave incase there was any bacteria left.. but still feel a bit worried.
I put it straight in the fridge last night after it had cooled.. Will it be ok I'm scared it could have harmed baby? :(

I have eaten cold pizza for 2 pregnancies, and absolutely loads of other times and never got food poisoning from it. Letter of the law you probably shouldn't, but as long as its been in the refrigerator and its only the next day I think its pretty low risk.

Thanks Celesse, I was just a bit concerned as I was in such a piggish mood earlier and I totally forgot about all of the risks and stuff but I did make sure it was put in the fridge I wouldn't have eaten it if it had just been lying on the table or in the microwave lol.

I really wouldn't worry I eat stuff like this all the time and raw egg yokes etc it will only harm the baby if it gives you mega food poisoning! Which is unlikely and even then it's not a given! My mum had salmonella while pregnant with my brother and all was fine xxxxxx

Since it was already precooked you should be just fine! :)

I really wouldn't worry I eat stuff like this all the time and raw egg yokes etc it will only harm the baby if it gives you mega food poisoning! Which is unlikely and even then it's not a given! My mum had salmonella while pregnant with my brother and all was fine xxxxxx

Thanks ladies :)
Hansie: I feel better now it's my first pregnancy and I'm still trying to remember what to eat and what not to eat haha because I lovee pizza :D especially Dominos lol. Glad to hear your brother was all ok xxx

my dr said just to not eat tuna or peanut butter in huge amounts (like every day). other than that he didn't say anything. i know non-pasteurized dairy is a no-no along with raw or under cooked meat/fish/eggs. the poor people who are depriving themselves of lunch meat-i feel bad for them! (now it may be different in the UK but in the US everything has so many 'rules' that it would be hard to find something that wasn't fully cooked or unpasteurized).

my dr said just to not eat tuna or peanut butter in huge amounts (like every day). other than that he didn't say anything. i know non-pasteurized dairy is a no-no along with raw or under cooked meat/fish/eggs. the poor people who are depriving themselves of lunch meat-i feel bad for them! (now it may be different in the UK but in the US everything has so many 'rules' that it would be hard to find something that wasn't fully cooked or unpasteurized).

Yes, clearly us backwater Brits don't bother with hygiene rules, pasteurisation or proper cooking of food. We all get our milk straight from the cow and our government allows companies to sell foods with a significant food poisoning risk. :dohh:

Of course our standards are the same as in the US.

I'm glad I know where our meat comes from in the uk though as I previously worked in an abattoir as a QA, my partner still works there now but it's good to know the rules are so strict with contamination so at least you know the beef or pork is free of disease but I think I'll be a bit more mindful next time when I eat leftovers haha :D x

I wouldn't worry it's perfectly fine :). My first pregnancy I wouldn't eat anything I shouldn't. This time I'm more laid back

Xx

I did a post like this when I was about 5/6 weeks pregnant n it ended up in a massive debate between those who said you shouldn't eat cold pizza and those who said it was fine, I didn't eat it in the end and ended up binning it lol mine was dominos too... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->