Cold wipes!!

Jetters

Reaction score
Hello everyone :happydance:

I'm using Cheeky Wipes for K and generally really happy with them, buuuut they are bloody freezing at night and he cries at every bum change! I didn't realise how much till I wiped my own arm last night and the air hitting the damp was freeeezing. And now I feel really bad for him :wacko: I wring them out and squeeze them in my hands to try and warm them up but nope, still chilly.

Anyone else have this problem? Would disposie wipes be just as bad? Should I invest in a wipes warmer or just persevere!?

:dohh:

i don't soak my wipes at all (i never get round to changing the solution in them often enough) i keep a stack next to the bathroom sink and run the tap to warm and wet them as needed.

I would persevere as it won't be much longer that you will be doing night changes. I don't think disposables would be any better as they are always damp and cold as well.

I don't think disposable wipes are quite as bad as they are thinner so don't seem to hold as much liquid and get as cold. Jackson Reece ones are gorgeous, good for LO's skin and smell delicious if you want some nice ones. I can bring a travel pack for you to try if you like.

At the moment I'm not bothering with wipes solution anyway, I just run the wipes under the warm tap before I use them. If she's pooed, I use a couple of wipes (more like 10 at the moment, teething poo, gross!) and I put a blob of baby wash on one of them. If I was using solution, which I will get back to doing at some point, I would just quickly run them under the warm tap at night, without getting them so wet that all the solution is washed off. You could always make up the solution to twice the normal strength, then a splash under the hot tap would make them a nice temperature and the solution the right strength.

at your lo's age i used warm water and cotton wool but now night time changes are a thing of the past.

I never used the solution till recently, I just used warm water. I havent done a night change for many months though, so personally i wouldnt bother with a warmer! can you try warm water for now?

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i told you so !!! :haha: you should so get a wipes warmer :D

You were so right!!! I'm skint at the mo now though *sigh*

Will try just keeping a pile of dry cheeky wipes in the bathroom and wetting them with warm water when I need them for now till I get some money!

could you keep some boiled water or warm solution in a thermos near your changing things for night time to avoid running around the house?

could you keep some boiled water or warm solution in a thermos near your changing things for night time to avoid running around the house?

Was going to suggest this too :thumbup:

In the winter its not so bad because I always just hold the wet wipe on the radiator for a few seconds to take the edge off but yeh they are blimmin cold otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->