Colic question in 2nd babies..

Sunflowers

Reaction score
Our daughter had dreadful colic, on a good day she'd cry from 4pm until 10pm, on a bad day she'd start at 11am and stop at 1 or 2am.. It was hard hard hard! The only thing we found that soothed her was rocking - I walked miles with her in the sling until it got dark and she could bf in the sling as she wanted too.. It started at 5 weeks and stopped when we took her to see a cranial osteopath at 16 weeks although she was probably 17-18 weeks when it started to really cut down! I had a very very difficult pg with her, I had extreme spd which started at 8 weeks, I was on crutches by 14 weeks off from work and bedbound by 24 weeks on morphine.. So I think that all of this, combined with a long long induction which resulted in a section, contributed to her colic..

My husband worked nights when we had our first baby, thankfully he's on days now so will be around to help with our toddler if this one does get colic but what were other people's experiences? I'm hoping that as my spd has been very successfully managed by bowen this time (I'm not bedbound this time although still very limited and still in huge amounts of pain) and I'm hoping to have a vbac that things might be different? Have mums whose first babies had colic found this to be the case second time round too?

Hiya,

Not sure if this is any help. My first daughter had awful colic pretty much as you describe. Can't remember the exact time it eased but I know it was still going strong at 3 months. She'd scream all the time.

My 7week old also gets colic but it is nothing like the same scale as the first- an hour on a good day, 2 or 3 on a bad day and usually in the early evening or afternoon. Since I have a 3 year old as well I just can't do all the driving about and endless walking in the garden etc that I had to do with the first to give her relief so I know that it definitly can't be as bad this time.

I also had SPD with both pregnancies, but with this one I wasn't working as much so got more rest which helped it. Also I had easy nautral labour with both, so I don't know if it is related to colic at all, in our case at least.

Hope your second is easier too!

Thank you, that's helpful! I'm sorry you're baby has colic but it sounds much more manageable than what we both had with our firsts! I hope it settles soon for her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->