colic...

Novbaby08

Mom to Harley & Piper
Reaction score
..sucks! So its been going on a week so far. Harley is still refusing to sleep in her crib, every afternoon she cries for 2 hours nonstop, and in the late evening for 4 hours. The crying doesn't bother me for the most part, except whenever I think of a crying baby, I think of an unhappy baby, and I don't want her to be unhappy:nope: But still its hard to set her down as soon as we put her down she starts crying and pulls her legs into her chest as though she's in pain and just cries her little head off till we pick her up. I'm feeling at a loss.

awww sorry to hear that hun. She may get better, Jasmine had a bit of colic in the beginning but it seems to have eased off... I found that having a routine of feeding worked the best at that time so that her tummy had time to digest... Now she eats when she wants and is fine, but back then I had to make her wait.

Aw :hugs: I know colic is a rotten, mean thing for babies, my daughter still suffers it every now and then even though she's now 12 weeks old. We tried gripe water and infacol but they didn't agree with her, we've been using Dr Brown anti colic bottles and dentanox colic drops in with her milk and it does make a difference, for the most part she doesn't suffer as much and burps with every bottle now whereas before it would take for ages to wind her and bring up any wind.

As her Mother I feel so helpless, Sophia is the same in that she doesn't want to lay down, it seems to cause her pain, she's only comfy and settled if upright on me, I hope it gets easier for you soon and that your little one won't suffer much longer xx

Charlie had colic really bad, just keep thinking it wont last forever :hug: have you tryed gripe water ? xx

just realised how old you baby is you can use gripe water from 4 weeks so get some in for then xx

Aw hun i know how it feels jacob has been colicy since day one. Few things that helped us were:

Gripe water just to bring up anything lying in his stomach
Dr brown bottle's
Swaddling when sleeping and also he sleeps on a slant so he is NEVER flat. Also in the day when he naps i put him on his stomach (he LOVES it)

But most importantly we pushed the docs and they ran some test and we found out he lactose intorant (studies show 50% of colicy babies are sensitive to lactose but most grow out of it, but some dont) So he is now on Lactose free milk and since switching when he was 5 weeks old he has been like a diff baby. Only has a colicy episode every couple of days :)

Hope it settles soon hunni

Oh and before his milk was switched we used colief (drops in the bottle that brake down lactose these helped)

XXXX

thats the thing, I breastfeed, and I bought some gas drops that are suppose to help. But still every night from 7pm-10:30pm, like clock work, she starts and nothing will calm here

Charlie is suffering really badly at the moment with colic, i have started using dentinox and was thinking about getting the Dr Browns Bottles but am currently using the tommee tippee bottles have any of you changed and how did your baby adapt to using a different teat???????

Even if you breast feed, you could pump and use the dr browns bottles. Swaddling also is great babies love it, using a "swaddle me" (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383351&pf_rd_i=507846) is easier then a receiving blanket, they can't kick out of it and it's simple and quick to put baby in. I also recommend the book "happiest baby on the block" (https://www.amazon.com/Happiest-Bab...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229454009&sr=1-1) it was a life saver for me.

Charlie is suffering really badly at the moment with colic, i have started using dentinox and was thinking about getting the Dr Browns Bottles but am currently using the tommee tippee bottles have any of you changed and how did your baby adapt to using a different teat???????

Sophia started off on the Tommetippee bottles, she had no problems switching to the Dr Brown. As her colic isn't as frequent anymore we're also using the Tommeetippee bottles besides Dr Brown and again she has no problem with either teat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->