Colic?

Chellebelle

Reaction score
Simeon is still having trouble with passing gas / bowel movements - I have asked the hv about it and she said if the nappy contents are normal then it's nothing to worry about.

Last night, he woke up at 1am and cried after I fed him, changed him etc. which took me ages to settle him, and everytime I put him down he started crying again... but it was screaming crying... it has gone on until now... so 12 hours! He has finally settled a little and is sleeping - but I am not sure for how long as in the past 12 hours he appears to settle on occasions... only to wake up 15 minutes later crying again.

Could this be colic and is there anything I can do / offer him to help if it is colic? I am breastfeeding too... it is just taking a big toll on me today as I haven't slept... and I don't want to try to sleep now as everytime I do he wakes up. :(

Yes it sounds like colic... You can give gripe water or try infacol ( but it made Jasmine constipated). You can keep an eye on what you eat too, sometimes Dairy and coffee etc can contribute to it as dairy can be sometimes hard for them to digest. Also laying them across your knee on their tummy can help alot, do this and rub his back, it helps digestion and gas. As well having him sleep with his head elevated will help with digestion.

oh i so no how u feel hun its awfull...infacol really helps archie he has 2 dopplers tho before each feed and u so notice a difference after a couple of days.
hes always had harder poos (logs) lmao only way to describe it. but it does get easyer as they get older but defo infacol hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->