Collection agencies won't stop calling!

Samiam03

Reaction score
We recently got a new number...well the person who had the number before us was up to their eyeballs in debt, apparently, and not only are we getting their left over calls...but they are STILL giving this number out to all the businesses they deal with! Now I have one agency that calls every freaking hour from 8 am to 8 pm and we told them they have the wrong number yet they won't stop. They also fill up my voicemail with harassing messages! Any idea how to get these morons to stop calling before I have to pay for a number change?

I believe bt will do one free number change if it's due to harassment. Poor you hun xx I had a similar situation with funny flat numbers and ppl upstairs using my address. Good luck xx

Oh sorry sorry - I didn't see you weren't in the UK. Have you checked with your phone service provider if they do free number changes? If they gave you a dodgy number then it would seem only right that they give you one that doesn't have these issues.

I'd honestly just get it changed, and demand it was done for free. I had the same issue and never changed, and it went on for an entire year.... Every day I'd have upwards of 15 calls from collection agencies asking for the same woman and I would tell them she does NOT live here, I don't know who she is, I just got this number, and they would say things like "Yeah right. Well when you see her tell her to call us back URGENTLY" and I would repeat what I said and still they'd never believe me and they'd call the next day again. Drove me nuts.

I had something similar - only it wasn't debt collectors - a charity had my phone number listed as theirs on their website so I had people phoning me for them all the time. I called my provider and they changed my number for me free of charge (because I'd been having these calls every day for 2 years) and I've had no problems since :) I'd just call and ask them if they'd charge you if you explained the situation x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->