college?

loola

Reaction score
i'm due to go back to college in september... but desperately want a baby

this is neither practicle or logical!

no body seems to understand my desire!

helppp

x

I understand how u feel.i want to go to university in september to get this one important degree but i also want a baby.I started TTC before i really decided i wanted to do more studing so i'll try to conceive by August and if it dosen't work out i'll still be able to study.I see it as a win win situation.I'll get 1 or the other.I really hope i get my BFP by then.I can wait a year or 2 before i study.

I am guesing you don't know if you should wait or not.I don't know what your options are so i can't say.But I hope you make the right decision.Just follow your heart.Think about all the advantages and disadvantages you'll have in the long run.If you have a great partner like mine i guess things will be a lot easier.Good luck!

How long have you got left until you finish college?

Perhaps wait until your pretty much through, or in the last six months or so. Then it wont do any harm if you get PG.

You just have to remember you are going to need your qualifications once baby is all grown up and you need to go back to work hunni!!

Not sure if this will help, but I had the whole studying versus wanting a baby debate. I already had an undergraduate (done full-time) and a post-graduate degree (done part-time) and a good career when I decided to do a Masters degree, also part-time, only now my career was very demanding. I was 33 at the time and had felt broody for about 12 months but I was still in discussion with my hubby about starting a family as he needed longer think about it.

So, I started my Masters degree and wham! the studying part-time and working full-time hit me with full force. As I got through the 18 months the reading and assignments got more intense and so did my desire for a baby. I re-opened the debate with my hubby as I started to prepare for my dissertation. He said it was better to wait until after I'd finished my dissertation. Oh my God, how right he was! Researching my dissertation took all my time, efforts and emotional strength. I now know what it's like to feel pregnant and I was exhausted and felt sick. There's no way I could have completed my Masters feeling like that.

Whatever the studying is and whether you're doing it full-time or part-time, the decision to have a baby has to be a very personal one and it of course depends on your own situation. Do ask yourself though whether you will have the physical and emotional strength to do the two together. Also, if the pregnancy doesn't go smoothly, as mine didn't, will you be able to cope with studying too? All in all, I'm glad we waited, but that is just my experience. At the end of the day, nobody can take a qualification away from you and with some of them you only have one chance to do the exams/coursework and you may decide it's worth giving it 100% of your attention for a while.

I understand have you feel, I graduated a month ago and I have to go back on September for my PH.D. But first I want a baby, I want to go back pregnant, but now that with my DH we decided that if I don't get a BFP this month we're going to wait 6 months before startin TTC again, I don't what to think sometimes, I want a baby, but I also know that I want my PH.D and I want to relax and have so fun.
So yes I understand, life can be such a mess. :hugs:

I'm in college and desperately want a baby as well. In fact, I still buy baby stuff even after my miscarriage.

I can't help it really.

:baby:

I have a 2 yr old and just had a miscarriage. The due date was october 08 so i was planning in taking a year out. I now have decided that we are waiting 6 months and then ttc as that way it will be a summer baby(if happens quicky as the other 2 times it did 1st time) or a autum baby. Now if i am pregnant it will be year two so i can take the year out then come back and do my final year.

I know financlly i should wait but im my opion there is other things than money.

TBH having baby and studing isnt easy but if i didnt have him i would have been out partying all the time and dying of hangovers so it was either or with me.

Have to say this once more.......

The wait is killing me:hissy:

I totally simpathise with all of you, im currently at college about to take my exams in June and i had a misscariage not planned in april of last year, never thought i would have children but after that its all i can think about, i find myself sitting down to do some work and looking at baby websites for hours.We finally decided to ttc in feb but had been on depo for a year and had to wait till the end of march for it to wear off as if that wait wasn't bad enough now i know were not using anything, its killing me have spent a fortune on ovulation tests and so far no joy......but i know its going to take my body some time to adjust i just cant wat for it to happen i just feel like i could pop.Im supposed to be going to uni in september but have decided that if it happens then ill pospone or make it a 6 year course and do 1 day a week good luck to all who are ttc im sure we will all get our bfp and hopefully not have to wait too long xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->