colour schemes for decorating?

Mammy2Joojx

Mammy To My Gorgeous Boy
Reaction score
unsure if this is the right place to post as i have never been in here before but, hello anyway :hi:

I've been in my house 2 years this july & i am finally getting round to decorating :happydance: LO's room was done before we moved in (typical :haha:) & i've left rest of the house until now

This is what i'm wanting for the rooms just so you know which colours have already been used:

Kitchen - white & pink on walls (pink as i have pink canvas pics, cutlery)
Living room - beige, cream & duckegg
Bathroom - light mint green & white with peach & white tiles
LO room - dark & light blue
My bedroom - CLUELESS!!

Please help! Ideally i'd like 3 seperate colours so any ideas are welcome x

I like cream or brown colours for a bedroom :flower: my DH hates brown and cream so we went for a nice dark raspberry colour!! hope it helps x

yeah i like the dark pinks/purples .. I was gonna have cream, brown & a purpley colour but think it mayy seem abit plain :/ im crap at matching colours lol! I def want a purpley colour though x

How about red cream & brown? Or black silver purple? X

ooh red cream & brown sounds nice! Black would probably make my room look really dark as it only has a smallish window :( x

It's supposed to be good feng Shui to have at least a little bit of red in the bedroom, if you believe in that! I'm going to do mine one wall red, 3 walls cream and dark wood furniture (if I ever get round to it!)

Our bedroom is 3 walls red one wall cream (the painter & decorater guy looked well confused because ppl normally have the bolder colour on one wall) :) x

I'm having brown, cream and teal blue in my roomx

ive got a teal blue colour in my livingroom though nel :) & the colours i choose will be wallpaper im painting 2 walls cream & then having wallpaper with colours .. I was even thinkin of doing it white, red n lime green .. Sounds awful but it looks good together x

I have 3 walls cream and the back wall has wallpaper on it, its a flowery one with cream and teal flowers.
White,red n lime doesn't sound too bad. Its unusal but will probably look fabx

i like unusual :haha: i like it to look different :) got the idea from when i was shopping & i was in the dried flowers bit & i accidentally knocked some red & lime coloured flowers over & as i was picking them up i thought they went well together haha x

I like silver, black and red for an oriental look in a bedroom. Some leafy oriental wallpaper on one wall, a black wall and 2 red walls. Ooooh now you're giving me ideas to start redecorating my room now.

oh dear im sorry :haha: i love decorating though! I hate wallpapering :dohh: but painting relaxes me .. & only thing is with it being a rented property i cant have dark walls :wacko: landlord only really allows light colours x

We have liney green and cream. I want to add bits of bright pink too but OH wont let me :(

We have liney green and cream. I want to add bits of bright pink too but OH wont let me :(

that would look lovely!! Do it while he is at work then when he comes home, just say 'well its done now theres no point changing it' :haha: x

im moving soon and our bedroom will b cream, dark red accesories n bedding and black furniture

I have this colour

https://cdn.next.co.uk/common/items/default/default/itemimages/singleproductthumb/817089.jpg

https://www.next.co.uk/x495022s23#817089x49

It comes up a bit more lilacy though, and my room is vintage with white dressing table and floral bedspread.

i'm still undecided :wacko: i get a colour in my head & look for a duvet to match then cant find one :( i'm so easy to please its unreal lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->