Colton fell off the bed!!

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
I was at the end of the hall today, which literally isn't 6-7 feet long. He was laying on his belly kind of at a diagonal on the bed (had rolled from the middle off of his back). I was folding laundry and trying to hurry because we were going to go to my mothers. All of a sudden I look and he is about 1/16 of a second from rolling from his belly on to his back.
I wasn't expecting it as he has never done this :cry:
He rolled right off and bumped his head.
I was completely distraught.

He cried for not even two minutes, I cried for atleast 10-15!
:cry: :cry:

It makes me want to cry now. I feel horrible for letting him roll off.
It was like slow motion, I was running and just couldn't make it :(
As soon as he touched the floor I swooped him up. I dont even remember running or grabbing him.. I was sooo scared.

He is fine, though. Thank god.

I went to my moms after that and she tried to cheer me up. She said "Every baby is supposed to fall off the bed or couch before they are 1 year old. If not you should push them :dohh: otherwise it's bad luck"
She said all of us fell off, not purposefully (she didn't push us ;) ) though!!
Old myth?
I'll make believe it's true! :blush:

Aww hun I'm glad he's alright. You gotta get use to him getting hurt, IT'S A BOY!!!!! Boys go nuts and always hurt themselves :dohh:xxx

I know.. I freak out over everything though. Like the other night my future nephew (2 yrs old) was on a little plastic bike and was coming so close to the edge of the porch that I couldn't breath! It was driving me nuts, but his mom wasn't worried. And he never went off :shrug:
I told OH our whole house will have to be carpeted because when he starts walking I'm going to go nuts every time he falls. I'm going to need nerve meds :dohh:

Awww.. poor little mite.

Don't beat yourself up though...accidents will and do happen.

Boys will be boys!!! Your a great mommy,dont beat yourself up!

At least he is alright. The amount of times I have ended in A&E with Dan Boys will be boys and you had better get used to lumps and bumps.Lol Dec is always covered in bruises and he isnt even walking yet. Dont worry about it to much and dont beat yourself up these things happen. xx

Aww hun glad colton is ok :hugs:

most of mine have fell from a height at that age, Katie is sporting a bruise on her head as I type :D

love what your mum said :rofl:

:hugs: awww hun, sounds like it hurt you more than it did him. I second, he's a boy, I can imagine we both got it allllll to come :dohh:

both my boys have fallen off the bed. They always have bruises of some sort. They move so fast sometimes.

Hope he's ok! All babies have a little tumble sometimes, he'll be fine hun :)
xXx

Aww bless...glad he is ok babe...and u sound like a lovely mum xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"