Combination feeding - constipated

Dawnyybus

Reaction score
Hi my baby is 5 weeks old and has been given formula for the past 2 weeks as a top up when required, but has been having less dirty nappies. Is he just constipated from the formula or something else going on?? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you xxxxxx

It's normal around the 1 month mark for them to have less dirty nappies.

Is the pooh hard and is it making her uncomfortable or is it just less frequent.

What got formula are you using? Some are a bit more known to cause issues ... like SMA I know is quite notorious for this.

That's good to know, he seems to poo in the morning and before bed. No he is just less frequent and seems uncomfortable sometimes, I'm giving him infacol I don't know if that might help... I'm giving him aptamil when required xxxxx

I don't know if you already do this but you could bicycle his legs, that will really help and also try baby massage. Look on youtube for "baby massage for constipation" to give you some ideas how to.

Thank you. We were doing leg bicycling but I had stopped and forgotten about it, will start doing it again xxxxx

Both of my LOs were combi-fed for the first few weeks and I found that formula did constipate them during the transition. My health visitor recommended using 1oz cooled boiled water once a day if baby was distressed which worked for us. Worth trying massage first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->