Combination feeding

Brz04

Reaction score
LO goes to daycare/I go back to work end of January when he will be 12 weeks :( I would really like to continue BF but it is not an option for me to pump at work (my own choice, not because work is refusing to let me - too busy during day seeing my patients so I wouldn't have time to pump). My question is...is it possible for me to BF him in the morning when he wakes up, drop the daytime feedings only (so he's taking formula all day at daycare) and BF again when he gets home from daycare and overnight if needed?? That way I can still BF in the evenings and at night...or will my milk dry up if there is no breast stimulation all day? Also, if this is possible to do would I need to keep the same schedule on my days off from work? Would I only be able to BF mornings and nights/evenings and need to give him formula during the day so my body is on a consistent schedule and doesn't get confused?? Meaning I couldn't choose to BF during the day only on my days off? Thanks ladies :)

I am interested in this too. I will try to pump at work, but I share an office with many people where we all bring children in for speech therapy. Plus like you said finding the time will be difficult. Maybe during lunch and my limited paperwork time- I dont know?

I'm also thinking of doing this. I think it should be possible as long as the transition is slow, as in start giving only one formula feed a day and then work my way up to all the daytime feeds formula and just breast at night and in the mornings. That's what I'm hoping anyway!

i do this now baby 17 weeks feed bf first thing and last - rest is formula

works really well and i will bf for longer as a result i started with 1 bottle a day and then following week 2 and then 3 - what he has now

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->