Combination Feeding

Swanny

Reaction score
Does anyone else do it?

If so what is your reason for doing so?

I am asking cause I've been breastfeeding for 7 weeks now but have been giving the occasional formula feed when I feel that I am not producing enough milk and baby is frustrated.

I'm considering adding in more bottle feeds and weaning baby off breast but not sure how this would work, like do you start with one bottle feed a day, then two, then one feed breast one feed forumla etc?

Thank you

x

I combi feed, but I only give the one bottle of formula as his last feed. Occassionally I have given another bottle during the day if we are out somewhere and I don't feel comfortable BFing, but I am only talking a handful of times here.

I'm guessing you've been doubting your supply for the past couple of weeks? I don't think you need to worry, you've just been through a growth spurt when babies are super fussy and act like they are starving 5 mins after a feed! Also, your supply has now probably regulated and your boobs feel like they are empty. When this happened to me I went into a complete panic and thought I'd suddenly lost half my milk so LO wouldn't have enough but there's plenty there!

If you are worried about your supply you can try taking fenugreek and eating loads of oaty things.

If you do want to switch to FF though, take it one feed at a time. Replace one BF with a FF then wait for a few days to replace a second one. If you do it any faster you run the risk of engorgement, blocked ducts and mastitis.

HTH! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->