Combination feeding

LynnieH

Reaction score
I am going to try and start combination feeding Frankie. I will swap one of her day time feeds for a formula feed. I have decided not to express as I have no where I would feel comfortable expressing at work. Anyway I did this fine with Jonny but was wondering if I can use beakers or spouts on bottles instead of teats, so she still differentiates between breast and formula? Has any one else tried this? Can they suck on these at this age?

Help please!

Yeah I think she can use little sippy cups, thats normally what they recomend if you have to express for a premmie in hospital. Iremember Beanie I think posting about a cleaverly shaped little cup ideal for this.

i would buy NUK they are like a breast and they use thier tongues so like BF

bex

i would buy NUK they are like a breast and they use thier tongues so like BF

bex

I wanted something that was different to the breast, so she wouldn't expect it to taste like breastmilk. I use tommy tippee back to nature bottle and teats with expressed milk and these are great. I have bought some of the soft beake type teats that fit wide mouth bottles. I will let you know if they work.

Melie hates the tommee tippee she shakes head and goes nuts lol

I find the NOK good as dont want her having probs differentiating her latching between bottles,the taste should be ok,what my mate has just done is week1 putting 1oz formula to 7oz breast milk then week 2 2oz formula to 6oz breast milk so eventually the little girl drank either with no complaints,this was in a NUK bottle as she cannot get her to go with any other teats,there are some brill cups about tho. I have seen one the is almost triangular in its design looks well smart.

Good luck hunny

Well I just went for it. And she didn't like the beaker teats but love formula from the back to nature bottles. I have now replaced her lunchtime feed with formula and she will even take a bottle from me. I suppose because I have already started weaning her the taste is less of an issue.

So she should be able to take bottles whilst I am at work and I will not need to express at work (phew!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->