Come Dine With Me

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the new series this week? It was advertised as new but I watched it on Catch Up and it was dated 2008 but I'd never seen it. Anyway, at the end it said one of the contestants died of cancer 2months later so I figure that's why it was from 2008, cos they needed permission to show it. What was weird was the guy had a 'friend' or something with cancer so was going to donate the winnings (if he won) to charity, and the woman who did win donated half of hers on his behalf. OH suggested that perhaps the contestant knew at the time he had cancer and the 'friend' was a cover as he didn't want the sympathy vote but the thing afterwards said he found out after filming and died 2 months later :shrug: It was so sad :cry:

Aaah naturally the Sun and Daily mail have covered it then:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...elp-sister-cancer-dies-diagnosed-disease.html

yh i watched it! he seemed like a lovely person aswell its ashame

Yeah I seen this one, it was nice the woman donated half of her winnings, I don't think many people would do that. And I reckon his 'friend' was a cover up too. Was a sad episode

According to the articles in the paper, his 'friend' was his sister who has Hodgkins Lymphoma as she had to give up work to have her treatment and couldn't pay her mortgage so he went on the show to raise money to help her. He got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last March and died in May. His sister is still alive.

Yeah I saw this!!! I read in the paper it was his sister that had cancer.. I though it was such a shame though. He really did seem like a lovely bloke.. So high spirited!

I was so upset at the end of that episode. Just came as such a shock. I wasn't far away from crying.

I just watched that tonight... how sad ... he seemed a lovely man.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->