come on metformin i want a bfp

ebonymama

angel mom, 1DD&1DS
Reaction score
hi, im new here

i am starting this thread to document the journey i am about to have with metformin..my doc says i have pcos and put me on 1000mg a day...

any ladies who are on it are welcome on here to post what its doing for them..and those who have had success with it are welcome on here to tell the rest of us about it....

i started it yesterday but no side effects experienced so far just to give a quick up

i have had my first ever bfp in 2011 that happened naturally but i suffered a stillbirth in early 2012 due to hypertension...she was a beautiful little me but i have cried and cried and i am ready to try again.....

so lets c what happens....

welcome all!!!

I am so sorry for your loss, that is heart breaking, kudos to you for hanging in there.

As for met, I haven't had it, but I know insulin can cause a lot of problems for O, so once that is helped it should be much much easier to get a bfp.

I eat no sugar or refined carbs which helps me ovulate well and on time, if I start eating bad foods I will have a delayed O so it def makes a difference controlling that aspect! Gl to you. xx

hi, im new here

i am starting this thread to document the journey i am about to have with metformin..my doc says i have pcos and put me on 1000mg a day...

any ladies who are on it are welcome on here to post what its doing for them..and those who have had success with it are welcome on here to tell the rest of us about it....

i started it yesterday but no side effects experienced so far just to give a quick up

i have had my first ever bfp in 2011 that happened naturally but i suffered a stillbirth in early 2012 due to hypertension...she was a beautiful little me but i have cried and cried and i am ready to try again.....

so lets c what happens....

welcome all!!!

Hi I'm pretty new here also, got my blood test results back last week. The gyno didn't say anything about PCOS but that I am insulin resistant and my progesterone levels are low. He started me on 500mg of Metformin twice a day. So far I've been using the bathroom a lot more often and been a tad bit moodier then normal. Still waiting on AF to show up though so maybe that's what's making me moody. So sorry for your loss and congrats for being willing to get back in the game. I really hope this 1000mg of met does it for us! I just want AF to show up so I can try to see when DH and I have to :sex: LOL. Anyways if you want a friend to go through this metformin/ttc journey with you I'm always here!

Im on 1000 met so far i either o'd early and missed it nt the beding just the knowing or on cd 19 havent scary il be bk to tracking next cycle so far its controling my blood levels and not putting weight on im type 1 diabetic and last time i controlled blood levels properly i put on 15 kgs in less than month this time only 3 kg and holding

thank ladies for taking the time to come here and share your experiences and thanks for the kind words and encouragement....i'm gonna be updating twice weekly to let yall know how my journey goes...

on an update though..i am use to charting and i have noticed that my temps dipped lower so far...i am temping orally (basicly my armpits) so i hope to see a rise so i can know for sure i am ovulating....

thats it for now ladies have a nice day

Hi Im on metformin also- 500 twice a day- a few years ago I tried it but was put on an insane high dose and got very sick- A few months ago I was finally willing to try again. I have PCOS and hypo thyroid. Im on Armour for that- still trying to find the right dose though. Something is starting to work however- I usually only have AF 2-4 times a year.. last few months in a row I have had one and it's been alot to get use to! lol I got one feb 2, march 11, april 14... and now Im seeing if Im going to be late this month. Im not sure when it's due exactly- I know from an opk that I O'd around May 3rd. and I had sore BB and such with O. I usually didn't before.. I didn't know what was going on with me! The sore BB still have not gone away- with O it was all of my BB's that hurt- then it was just the nipples and they got really itchy! now the whole BB hurt again- and im getting bright blue veins across my chest and arms and a little on my side. The last two days I can smell everything. I'll be so shocked if I actually am preggers. Happy! and shocked. Today I feel totally crazy- want to yell at everyone and cry. Im just worried cause my doc thinks I had two either chem pregnancies or m/c Feb and March.. I try and look at it as my body is trying to work right for the first time in a long time. I just want to sleep all day for the last week.
I dont temp or much of anything else. A friend gave me a bunch of opk test when she got her bfp so I was using them just to see if my body was trying to O- So far no signs of AF- I have had a pulling feeling since O but no cramps and I usually cramp big time before AF.
So If I do have a sticky bean then I would say the metformin had alot to do with it. I have stomach issues, ulcers and such and the met does upset my stomach a little but defiantly gets better the more I take it. I take mine with food. Just in case this helps, Im 37 (as of March) and have an 18 yr. old son (as of April) GL to everyone!!!

hey Qe 76....i hope those are positive signs all leading to your next bfp.....come back and keep us posted....k

hi ladies,

how yall doing?
jus a quick update for yall...

well i am on 1000mg a day as i said and i notice that i have started experiencing
lil side effects ( nauseousness and diarrohea) (10 days today) since i have been on the met......(currently cd 16)

and then yesterday and today i started experiencing slight brownish spotting....i am hoping that it is nothing serious....

i wish more ladies will come on so we can get to hear of their experiences with the met....

anything new with the rest of u ladies yet?
hope to hear from u

bye for now...

the nausea and diarrhea is normal. should get better the longer you take it. Are you taking it with food? That helps me. Yesterday AF showed.. kinda.. very light bleed. Only when I wipe.. a few small dine size dots of red on the pad and today just pink/red cm.. I have no clue what my body is doing lol- going to use opk again this month..

as far as you spotting- that shouldnt be from the met. did you O? could it be IB?

hey qe 76....

sorry AF showed....i am currently on cd 16 so i would wish it was IB but i think its too soon for that....yeah i take the met with food but i am also trying to lose weight so i eat light ....

one thing i realise is that the diarrohea occurs after lunch...strange huh....haha

but i just want the met to work....if i dont get a bfp at least i want to have normal ovulated shorten cycles i want to take a wholesome treatment for my poas..
ya know...

my last 2 cycles were 35 days. Im happy with that so far! At one time I went a whole year with no cycle.. So the Met is helping.. . I dont have a gallbladder so I have 'bathroom' issues to begin with.. not fun at all! Is lunch your bigger meal for the day? Could have something to do with it.
Are you going to use opk? I was trying to go by cm alone but I kept second guessing it- Then when I started with the opk I was thinking they didnt work cause the second line didnt get dark then one day- dark second line! I was like.. I do O! lol
As for AF Im not sure if it is AF.. I never had one that just spotted for a day .. I dont want to get my hopes up but I might hpt tomorrow just to see. My af is usually light but not like this. Even if I wasn't hoping for a sticky bean I would just like to know what my body is doing..
I've been on met for 3 months now. just as a reference for you- and Im already seeing it working. I dont know how much credit to give my thyroid meds though..

hey qe 76,

glad u found out u r ovulating with te opks ....cant wait to get mines...gonna purchase them on saturday....

i am also trying to lose weight so i try to keep the meals light...maybe that could be causing the diarrohea.....

wow three months on the met....maybe this could be it for u.....so if u r testing today then u are in the two week wait...

keep us posted....

so is this your first baby u r going for?

this is my second baby...

my first was born sleeping at 35 weeks last year..a pretty girl....she looked like me...i miss her everyday....

this time i am just praying for me and baby to come through safe....

Im already officially late for AF. On the 19th when I had spotting I thought she was starting but nothing beyond that day of spotting besides brow/pink cm.. I don't know whats going on- I tested today and still bfn.. Ive ready alot on woman with pcos getting false negatives for weeks and even some had false negatives with a blood test.
I have one son- he turned 18 (years not months lol) just this past april and I turned 37 just this past march. I am so sorry for your loss xx I cant imagine getting to 35 weeks then losing a baby, I hope getting to meet her brought you some comfort.
I had my son right after I turned 19- his father married the woman he was cheating on me with- owns a moving co but puts it in a friends name and has been dodging child support ever since. Been to court every month for the last 6 months and he is getting away with so much- I go to court again tomorrow- He makes 100 grand a year and is trying to only pay 25 a month! owns a corvette.. and a truck he tricked out. I just want it all behind us. I got married for the first time in 2010. My husband knew I had pcos so he has never pressured me for a baby but I know he would love one. I dont want to get my hopes up but since I have been getting af for months now I wonder if I can be one of the woman that doesnt get bfp right away? Time will tell I guess!
sending much baby dust your way!!

aww sorry for all your troubles with your son's dad....he should be so proud to have a son and to even be able to assist in supporting his own son....he should be ashamed to be hiding his finances even....

at least your getting regular AFs i have only had 1 for year and the doc put me on bcp and it came and then now he put me on the met ....

i am thinking of adding opks to the mix...have you tried them....

Im on cd 24 longest cycle ive had in 7 months yah for met before that since my 1st one ive always been 28 days
I love using opks takes guess work out of it plus im a poas addict and they cheap enough to stop me using hpt to early sad i know

Im on cd 24 longest cycle ive had in 7 months yah for met before that since my 1st one ive always been 28 days
I love using opks takes guess work out of it plus im a poas addict and they cheap enough to stop me using hpt to early sad i know :happydance:

i would love to have 28 days cycles.....currently on the met

started back on cd 7 now i am currently on cd 18.....

are u on the met to hayley....

my cycle before this current one was 168 days...so i am on the met to regularize and hopefully bring on a bfp for me

Yipp got it given to me a year ago but just stared it around cd7 i usually spot week before havent had any yet two more days to go il just be happy for 28 day cycle bfp would be a bonus
i hope it does regulate yours that is such a long cycle id be bonkerz with that mind u i didnt have long enough lp phase with short cycle

Its for people who insulin resistant i use it mainly for type 1 diabetes
but its mainly used on type 2s also people with pcos <-- (i hope that was right short hand)
Its kept my bloods low and weight even and so far im on cd26 give or take a day usually cycles only cd17-cd21 so it helps balances body out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->