Coming Off Birth Control Hell...!

.Jelly.Welly.

Step Mummy! :)
Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only 1!

I decided to come off my POP earlier than planned, as we suspected some of me feeling so poorly was down to side effects, but we were planning to come off in the new year anyway.

Anywho, I came off 2-3 weeks ago and it's been hell! My hormones finally seem to be settling but I kept randomly bursting into tears (Inc at work!), had really bad strong cramps but no period and I've got what can only be described as a spotty teenage outbreak. The spots are really getting me down as I've always had clear skin.

Please tell me I'm not the only and that this is normal?!:growlmad::cry:

Girl totally normal. I got off mine in May and just started getting back to normal a couple months ago. I went almost 2 months without a period at first and my hormones were so out of whack. Hang in there! Try some PMS tea. That really seems to help me :) the. Rand is traditional medicines I think and it's organic.

Oh yes coming off is the worst! I was a hormonal wreck who had such sore boobs and emotional breakdowns I swore at one point I was pregnant. I think after about 4 weeks it settled down..... Hang in there! Now I realise how bad the pill was making me emotionally- I feel so much better in myself off it!

I didn't realise how ill the pill was making me until I came off - seriously debating never going back on it again!

That being said I'm just about to start my first period since coming off it... OUCH! :wacko::growlmad:

You're not the only one. I actually fell pregnant on Errin brand POP and then when I tried a different brand of POP later I had a horrible time coming off of it. I cramped almost my entire cycle until I finally had AF. While I was on it, I had horrible acne, mood swings and fatigue. When I came off of it to TTC it took forever for my periods to return. Needless to say I will never go back on that or any other hormonal birth control again. I'm going to stick to barrier methods from now on.

Mudgymoo- the pms tea is by a brand called traditional medicines. I buy it at my local Whole Foods store :) seriously works wonders

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->