coming off depo shot

noodles13

dd#1 dd#2 ds#3
Reaction score
hi everyone I am new to this site and looking for advice, I just stopped taking depo provera after one shot because of the side affects... (awful migraines for 3 months straight) my partner and I have decided not to try for a baby but to just see what happens:thumbup:
my shot ran out 24th may and since then ive had some pretty strange things going on.......
bloated stomach
sore boobs
yellowish ewcm streaked with blood
cramping
severe fatigue
slight headaches
really thirsty

2 BFN so far I took tests to settle my mind
ive got 2 children so youd think I would know whats going on but I don't........

I think its too soon after the shot for me to be pregnant so could it maybe be ovulation? I havent had a period since march because of depo so cant go on LMP either

any feed back would be a massive help
thanks x

hi everyone I am new to this site and looking for advice, I just stopped taking depo provera after one shot because of the side affects... (awful migraines for 3 months straight) my partner and I have decided not to try for a baby but to just see what happens:thumbup:
my shot ran out 24th may and since then ive had some pretty strange things going on.......
bloated stomach
sore boobs
yellowish ewcm streaked with blood
cramping
severe fatigue
slight headaches
really thirsty

2 BFN so far I took tests to settle my mind
ive got 2 children so youd think I would know whats going on but I don't........

I think its too soon after the shot for me to be pregnant so could it maybe be ovulation? I havent had a period since march because of depo so cant go on LMP either

any feed back would be a massive help
thanks x

Those signs are just coming off depo signs. I felt it for months and they all feel like pregnancy symptoms.

urgh its horrible isn't it!!!!!

I would never ever ever recommend the depo to anyone EVER! lol

oh my i hear you .
my depo ran out begining of may . i actually did still get little periods whilst on it , even tho iv been on it for about a year .
but anyway since coming of it , iv got sore boobs , feel sick . i hope it hurrys and up and goes away so i know when to actually symptom spot . because this feel like pregnancy :(

last time i came of depo was to fall pregnant with my son now 6 . it took 15 months to get pregnant . well 10 months but lost that baby .

i so want it to not take that long , would love to just be pregnant by xmas . so in 6 months . :happydance:
but seriously dont think it gonna happen .

yeah that's whats driving me mad... I cant actually tell whats real and whats depo I am guessing its all hideous depo making my body think its pregnant!

for the last 3 days ive had really watery like blood around my cervix but its not a period sorry TMI

I think I may go to the docs just to see what they say because I am getting addicted to taking tests hahhaha

I hope we are all pg by x mas :D

xxx

Depo was the worst thing I ever did. I didn't get my period while on it, just some spotting every few months and It took about 9 months before my period became normal again. I had all those feelings too but I just kept telling myself it was the depo because they told me it would take 6 to 12 months for it to completely come out of my system.

yeah its awful! I just went to the docs she didn't really listen to me all she did was a preg test....... I told her that's not why I am here really I just want to know what these symptoms are and if and when my fertility may return seeing as I only had one injection in march.....

she didn't answer one of my questions

waste of time all she said was come back in 2 weeks if you still haven't had a period...............

:shrug:

i read somewhere that it doesnt matter if you had one depo shot or 10 it still may take months to get back to normal .

me great if u could come of it , then take a medicine straight off to return all ya periods ect and fall prego quicker ha ha ,
we can dream eh :winkwink:

my hsband gone away untill monday now anyway do now baby dancing for me .

I only had the one shot in November and have only had one period since (in March) and had random spotting since. I have had every symptom going, frequent peeing, headaches (everyday) tiredness, sickness, bloating, bigger/sensitive breasts. Wish I never went on the bloody thing! x

The only good thing I have to say about the depo is that I don't pms anymore lol. Used to be really moody and back hurt a lot but ever since my periods were normal, I haven't had that. My friend just got on it after having a baby because the doctor wouldn't let her get her tubes tied (she has two kids and don't want anymore) and I was like NOOOOO GET OFF AND DO SOMETHING ELSE lol

yeah I defo would never ever recommend it to anyone everrrrrr its hideous

ive got this really light spotting its not a period well not a full blown normal period its so light only there when I wipe.....

I was on depo when I was about 18, when I was 20 I was late getting the next shot and I was pregnant within 2 days with my eldest daughter!!!

im thinking now I am a bit older it wont happen like that no more x

I only had some spotting while on it, didn't have anything while I was waiting for my period to start again. And when it did start, I had no idea what was going on. I didn't have a period for so long, I forgot what it felt like :rofl: I wanted to go to the hospital and I'm like "oh wait... this may be my period" haha. Before I was on BC, my cycles were 21 days so that's why I got on YAZ to regulate it, and it did. Then I switched to the depo just so I wouldn't get a period. I was afraid that getting off would cause me to have small cycles again but it's back on track with 28 days. Except today, I'm late and I don't know what's going on lol.

Ive heard you can track to see how much depo is in your system by temping and if its high its still in your system. Ive just come off it and i never want to get on it again because of something terrible that happened i don't think I should share cause i don't want to scare anyone. But good luck to all you beautiful ladies <3

I have been having this spotting about 4 days now I am guessing its a tiny period?

It could be. I had spotting while on it and I had some brown discharge waiting for my period to start again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->