Coming off the pill/regular periods

T

Tilly

I read a thread on here the other day about how long it takes for your cycle to return to normal after coming off the pill, but can't find it!

We want to try for a baby fairly soon and im not sure how long it will take for my periods to return to normal? I know they said in the thread, that it doesn't matter if you TTC straight away.. but it was better to leave it so that they were more sure of your due date.

Ty!

I think it can be different from person to person. Doctors usually say give your body upto 6 months to get back to normal after coming off the pill. I've just come off mine this month so i'm gonna see how my cycles are and hopfully start trying around christmas time.

I have just come off the pill and this week having my 1st natural AF. That means my cycle was only 32 days so i fell back in pretty quick, however i know it maybe different next month as like jacobs mummy said it can take a while to settle back down hormonally! Good luck though hun.

Well I caught on the pill soo I think it depends on the person..!

https://www.babyandbump.com/teen-pregnancy/43150-ttc-right-off-bc.html

think that mighta been the thread??

There is no definite length of time for your body to get back to normal after BCP i'm afraid. :shrug: You could go straight back into regular cycles or you could have to be patient and wait it out for quite a few months. I stopped BCP 6mths ago and only on 3rd cycle just now. You can start TTC as soon as stopping BCP as it doesn't affect your baby but may affect initial due dates although with scanning these days, due dates are pretty accurate without knowing your cycle.

Good Luck!! :dust:

:hug:

It really depends on the person. They say to give yourself 3 months to get regulated again. I was regular immediately after coming off. Actually, I was more regular off of pills.

Yes it really does depend on the individual person, as everyone's bodies handle the change in hormones differently. I have read in many places that your cycles generally will return to what they were before you were on BCPs. If you had pretty regular cycles before, they could go back to being that way pretty quick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us this happens! :)

I will also be coming off BCPs next month, so it will be interesting to see what happens. We will probably start to try my first month off the pill. A lot of doctors recommend waiting until your periods return to normal, however this is just so if you do become pregnant, they can more accurately predict your due date. There have been no studies that would indicate negative effects on the baby if you do become pregnant right after BCPs.

Good luck and lots of :dust:

Apparently the first month off the pill is your most fertile for 6 months. The first time I got pregnant was exactly 6 months off the pill. The 4th time was second month off the pill so it is different for everyone hun xxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->