Coming up with baby names to make the wait a bit easier!

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
I know I'll probably change my mind by the time it happens but me and OH love sitting trying to come up with possible baby names. Finding perfect names is like my new project. Does anyone else do this? Or any other kind of baby planning to make the wait a bit easier? I've got a huge list of girls name, but can't seem to find the perfect one x

Yes, yes, yes! I'm terrible for doing this especially on my long drive to and from work!

I'm worse now than when ttc #1 as we had our girls name set in stone before we started trying and everyone was so convinced we were having a girl we didn't think much about a boys name. But now I'm always thinking about names that would also sound nice along with our daughters name!

How long is your list so far?! Any boys names too?

😊xx

We have about 14 girls names and still looking for more! Still not found the perfect one yet. We have one boys name, Alexander so that's pretty much it if we have a boy!x

I really like Alexander (Xander) for short. And Alexsis. Would love another name starting with a vowel to be honest. Although think it will be hard as we were always so sold on Orla, nothing ever came close so don't know if we'll ever feel like that trying to come up with a second name! Xxx

We have a daughter named Leia and we have the second girls name 100% - Maya :), if we have a boy he will be "baby boy" for a loooong time because we cannot agree on a single boys name!

Orla is such a beautiful name, I love it!

My OH and I love planning baby names, it helps calm my freak outs a bit lol. The trouble is we always end up adoring a name then because we volunteer as animal adopters for our local rescue, we fall in love with one of the new animals and give it the name.

We're loving Florence and Hugo at the minute though, lets hope there are no animals in need on their way to us that suit those names!

I love Orla, but know someone with an Orla-Rose so don't think OH would go for it. I also love Willow but as baby's last name will be Wilson OH doesn't think it will work x

I used to love Luna too, but we got 2 kittens in May and ended up calling one Luna, so I know what you mean xxxJessxxx! X

We're big fans of alliteration in this house. Orla is actually Orla O'Donnell. Although guess you have a lot of Ls with Willow Wilson, still think it sounds fab! Xx

Ask, I think your girls names are gorgeous. Good luck with finding a boys name you like. Please could you remind me how to put tickers on your sig? I can't remember and just end up with the link rather than the ticker! Xx

That's really a lovely thing to do Jess. Loving Florence and Hugo too! Are you more decided on ttc now?
It's weird as we had Orla before we started ttc and we were team yellow so her working title was Diddy, it took me a while to start actually calling her Orla when she arrived! Xx

Ask, I think your girls names are gorgeous. Good luck with finding a boys name you like. Please could you remind me how to put tickers on your sig? I can't remember and just end up with the link rather than the ticker! Xx

and for the ticker, you have to choose the right code - make sure you cut and paste the "bb code" - (maybe you are cut and pasting the html or FB codes ) and put it into the signature, and hit preview :)
Hope that works :thumbup:

We have a daughter named Leia and we have the second girls name 100% - Maya :), if we have a boy he will be "baby boy" for a loooong time because we cannot agree on a single boys name!

Do you call your daughter lee-a or lay-a? I went to school with a leia (lee-a) and i love it spelt like that but im lead to believe it should be pronounced lay-a

We have our girls name set- Claire- but are at a loss as to what to call a second boy! Right now my favorite is Calvin - it's the only name I've found that I really like. Pure coincidence that everything starts with a "C" (DS is Charles). But we are constantly sending each other boy name suggestions!

What other names are on your girl list? I love Alexander for a boy! For a long time it was going to be our DS's middle name but we went with Louis instead. It's still a contender if we have another boy :)

Certainly not the only one Lulabelle!!

We have had our boy name set for years, we both love Harrison but our girl name changes all the time at the moment it's Olivia and Scarlett (but OH thinks it will get shortened to Scar :nope:). Funny how most of us have a name for one gender and then struggle for the next.

Do you call your daughter lee-a or lay-a? I went to school with a leia (lee-a) and i love it spelt like that but im lead to believe it should be pronounced lay-a

Our daughter's is pronounced "lay - a" :)

We like Ellie, Isabella, Violet, Callie and Freya. We want something really unique though x

I really love Violet and Callie. Ellie and Isabelle are super popular here. I'm personally not a fan of Freya, but it is still a lovely name :) seems like you all have a great list going!

Oh I love both of those alliterate names, Orla O'Donnell and Willow Wilson - they both sound like superstars or Disney princesses lol!

I am feeling a little more positive (and normal) thanks to your help in the other post Scarlette :) thank you.

Lulabelle you have the best name list going, I may have to steal some for future rescue family members lol!

Oh yes, I have lots. The one girl name we have agreed on is Evelyn. I like the names Edith and Eden but OH vetoed both. Oh and Audrey, that was my other favorite and he vetoed that as well.

I like the name Peter for a boy but am not sure if it is my ultimate favorite. I think I'd have to know the gender to decide if the name felt real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->