Comparing recoveries

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
Has anyone had a brutal forceps delivery and an c section?
Which one was better to recover from?

Ds2 was dragged out by forceps, took me over a year to feel normal again down below and I dont think I'll ever recover fully mentally. Now im pregnant again and want to see where i stand for elective c section but also worried about the recovery!

I've not had a section but like you I had quite a traumatic forceps delivery with no1. It took me a long time to recover and to be honest I'm still not the same as I was before! I'm feeling the same with this one, should I have an elective section this time?

Sarah xxx

Have you spoken to the midwife about it? Are they giving you the option?

Have you spoken to the midwife about it? Are they giving you the option?

Not exactly but I have a low lying placenta so I've to wait and see if that moves up otherwise I'll need a section anyway but after my first birth the doctor did say if I wanted a section next time around it shouldn't be an issue. I'm waiting out til my 32 week scan regarding the placenta then I'll have to think seriously about it.

I've actually had two assisted deliveries now.. I really don't want to risk another for the sake of my downstairs region!

I had a ventouse delivery with my son because my weak epidural pushes weren't doing the trick. This time around i have a low placenta, so may not have the choice. I'd love a shot at a 'better' vaginal delivery and the thought of a section scares the crap out of me.

Ahh fingers crosses you get your wish..
i had ventouse first time - i hadnt had any pain relief so not sure what the problem was with. With ds2 i had an epidural.. but needed forceps that time. He was 10lb 1oz though.
They think this time it could go bigger hence why I'm not keen!

I have had both a forceps and a c section, I am booked for another c section in 10 days time. my forceps recovery was awful, stitches got infected and came apart, was two months before I could sit down and I still don't feel completely right 7 years on, I opted for a c section 2nd time around and consultant agreed I could have one, recovery was much easier, I think because you know you've had surgery you automatically take it easier I was up and about a few days later and no pain after a week. Hoping this next c section will be the same!

Hi there,

I had an EMCS with my first followed by a horrible forceps delivery with my second and to be honest I'm back and forth over what to do this time because of the recovery and trauma of the forceps!

I was lucky that my c section was quite good though as I've heard some bad stories about those too even elective ones so sometimes I think it's just pure luck on how it goes.

My forceps delivery with my son was horrible though and I remember constantly crying from pain, midwives that came to check used to wince and say "ooh you're quite swollen and badly bruised arent you"
Honestly I would take my recovery of EMCS any day in comparison. But as I said I had a good EMCS so who knows?

Hence why I don't know what to do this time. Keep hoping something will help me make up my mind but I guess until I'm closer I'll just keep batting back and forth. For now I've told the midwife I would like to try for another VBAC but I want to discuss it all in more detail with my consultant.

I've not had a section but like you I had quite a traumatic forceps delivery with no1. It took me a long time to recover and to be honest I'm still not the same as I was before! I'm feeling the same with this one, should I have an elective section this time?

Sarah xxx

Congrats i can see you had baby?!
Did you get a section in the end?

I had an emcs with my first. My second was a VBAC with forceps delivery. I ended up with a third degree tear (nearly fourth) and an episiotomy. My poor downstairs was in bits. :haha: Despite the injuries from my forceps VBAC, I found the recovery from the episiotomy and tear MUCH easier than the recovery from the caesarean. A c section is major surgery that cuts through all of your stomach muscles and uterus, a tear or episiotomy does no where near that level of damage and will not restrict your movements or activities anywhere near as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->