Competative family member

sounds like she needs to grow up to me... my best mate is 3 weeks ahead of me and this sort of attitude is never there.. we are so happy for each other and hope to give birth on the same day! haha we are both having our first and we are so excited not competetive. I was really happy for her when she announced her pregnancy cos she had been trying and all along I was preggers too and didnt even realise! we laugh about it! weve been best mates since 11yrs old. sadly shes lived in Canada for the past 18months.

I think its such a shame she is like that to you.. I would avoid her and talking about baby stuff completely if I had someone like that near me.

That is crazy!! I dont have anyone like that around me and after reading some of these I am very grateful that I dont. My guess would be that she is jealous of the attention that you have been getting!!

LOL, I'd just look at her with a face of complete surprise and say something like..."You know they say that only gaining 25-30 lbs. is healthy during pregnancy right?" And look pointedly at her stomach. Maybe then she'll want to be a bit smaller than you! I must preface this by saying, I can be a bit of a B*#@&, but sometimes you just gotta be mean! But make it witty though. Be funny, but slightly embarassing in front of the rest of the family. Then jokingly say something like..."You know I love you, cuz/sis/whatever and I'm so excited to be able to share this experience with you." It leaves it on a good note, but also says if you wanna go...I can go, hoe.

LOL, just how I look at it.

My SIL is pregnant as well about 3 mos or so behind me. This being after she told a long distance family member after my bump announcement about how angry she was that I got pregnant first ( I hadn't been aware there was some sort of race going on) and ever since it's been just a battle to deal with her.

She's an attention hound to the extreme so on any occasion now that we are in the same house together she makes a point to complain loudly about how 'rough' her pregnancy has been going and/or making a point to run to the bathroom every few minutes bc she thinks she's going to be ill. Many of the family at this point think she's full of sh*t and is doing some things intentionally to make herself sick.

For example earlier in her pregnancy she took it upon herself to start drinking bay leaf tea...yet google bay leaf tea and pregnancy and there are plenty of webpages that talk about how you shouldn't be drinking that b/c it could cause a miscarriage and back in the old old days it is rumored bay leaf tea was prescribed in larger doses for women who wanted a cheap and easy way to abort their babies.

She also doesn't take prenatal vitamins because according to her "They all make her sick and there are drug addicts that don't take them and have perfectly healthy babies".

Her logic just completely blows my mind and now I've made a point to avoid her as much as possible bc while I'm concerned for my BIL's child, I can't let myself get so worked up over her theatrics as I have my own bump and he definitely does not respond well to when I get overly stressed or upset.

Welcome to the club...it happened to me too.
My SIL was due 8 weeks after me, and a month before *I* was due, she was telling everyone that her doctor said she was going to give birth any minute now, and all this. HELLO!? You're 12 weeks early, your doctor would *NOT* be excited about letting you go into labour.
It was all bull crap...she wouldn't walk anywhere, because she was always in so much pain as the baby apparently kicked her too hard, and always threw a huge pity party for herself.
Then, once I had my baby, she held him, and quickly had to hand him off as he was just too much for her and she couldn't manage to hold him when she was 8 months pregnant. *EYE ROLL*

This is gonna sound weird because i think its weird too. A family member of mine is pregnant. Shes due around 6-8 weeks after me. Shes ever so competative its weird. She compares bump sizes all the time. She wants to have a bigger bump than me now. She is determined to give birth before me. She dismisses everything that happens to me in my pregnancy and then says its happened to her even more. If i have braxton hicks, the day after she knows this she reports that shes had them.

I find this a really unusual thing to do. This is my first baby and im just happy that my baby boy is healthy and growing well. Im not interested in her petty games, they just annoy me. She already has a child and this will be her second. I wouldve expected better of her.

Does anyone else have someone like this ?

Me, Mine isnt pregnant, but getting married a few weeks after Im due, and the wedding is turning into a competition with mine, that was nearly 2 yrs ago! to the stage where hers is getting tacky :rofl::rofl:, they are a pain the arse arent they, rise above it and laugh xxx

Thank you everyone. For giving me advise on how to deal with her. She is just so irritating its unbelievable. She found out about the braxton hicks i had a week ago as my mum had mentioned it to my auntie and sure enough she said when i saw her "I had them yesterday, It hurt so much" She is such an attention seeker.

Thank you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->