Complete placenta previa - anyone else?

amy8686

Reaction score
So, at 29 weeks I still have a complete placenta previa. The doctor says it's too far over to possibly resolve in time for labor, so a c-section at 36-37 weeks it is!

I've come to terms with the c-section. It'll be fine. But I'm so afraid of bleeding in the meantime! It sounds like it's likely that I'll bleed at some point, like the doctors are surprised that I haven't had any bleeding episodes yet.

Anyone else in this boat? Has anyone had this with their previous pregnancy and not bled at all? I'm having a hard time finding statistics on how many women bleed, and how often that turns into an even earlier delivery versus waiting until the 36th week.

I had a placenta previa diagnosed at my 20 week scan but it moved by 28 weeks. I was going to be scheduled for a csection at 36 weeks but my baby ended up needing to be induced a week later from then anyways... I developed dangerously high bp.

Sorry I'm not a whole lot of help but just make sure you rest and don't overdue it. The next 7 weeks it would be wise to hang out at home as much as possible and no lifting at all. There shouldn't be a need for them to take baby any earlier unless medically necessary obviously. Take extra good care of yourself!!

I had a section at 38 weeks with placenta previa but mine moved to 1 cm away from the cervix but it has to be over 2cm to be able to dleiver naturally. I had scans every week from 32 weeks to 38 weeks which was when they decided to do a section. Try not to worry to much but Amanda says, take it easy and put your feet up as much as your can :) Just to add, my section went very smootly and I recovered extremely well and quickly. Good luck x

Have they booked you for another scan? I had cpp and was told it was unlikely to move due to the position. Diagnosed at 20 weeks. It didn't move out of the way until my 32 week scan. My MRI at 37 weeks (to check for accreta) confirmed it's not even low lying any more so it could still move for you x

Oh and if you want a natural birth, it has to be 3cm away from cervix if it's posterior. 2cm if anterior position. Mine was posterior x

I still have 6cm to go in 6 weeks, which they say is basically impossible. They are willing to do one more scan right before the c section to make sure it hasn't cleared, but it sounds like a certainty at this point.

Thanks for the support, ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"