• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Completely changed my mind!

mummyosborne

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember I've wanted a big wedding with all the trimmings! So when my oh proposed we started making plans (we haven't booked anything as I was expecting!) but what with my little boy being early, my oh has been my rock, he's been so amazing it's reminded me 100x over why I love him so much and now I couldn't think of anything more perfect than a small wedding with just those closest to us. Although I'm looking forward to getting married I'm more looking forward to being his wife. All the other stuff just seems less important now. I think he will agree as he's never been really sold on the idea of a big wedding but to be able to do this we are going to have to upset a few people but not inviting them to the wedding how did you guys deal with this if you had to? Xx

In 2 little words, tough tits. Look, you are ALWAYS going to upset someone along the way with something you do/don't do at your wedding. The truth is that everybody wants a piece of your day. If I were you, I would have exactly what you want, a small wedding! Don't go all out just because other people expect it of you. And if you wanted, you could always have a small wedding, then throw a big party in a rugby club or something (after your intimate wedding/meal) if you felt too awful about it. I felt it was easier and less stressful not to tell anyone our plans until WE had decided what we wanted, and even now they know minimal things about our wedding :) xx

I am exactly the same. I want the marriage, not the wedding.

We are not a very formal couple and the idea of a big formal dining room filled with people, waiting for speeches etc just fills me with dread. So, instead we have decided to go for a wedding later in the afternoon, around 4pm, and then a party that night. That way we can have lots of people there to celebrate our marriage, without the formality of it all.

We are holding it in a hotel and those closest to us will likely stay over and I thought it would be lovely for us all to get together the next morning for breakfast, and I suppose that can then be our sit down meal lol.

As has been said, do what makes you happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->