Completely Off Topic-Eastenders fans

I think it's good that they're raising the awareness of cot deaths, and as sad as it is people need to know. I do think they are taking it a bit too far with the second part of it though where she swaps babies

For those of you that think this is a "fab" story line I suggest you take a look at a similar thread on the SIDS & neonatal loss board...................

I kno this particular story line is abit extreme but if u put urself in Ronnie's position I'm not surprised if she does swap the babies.
OBVIOUSLY, this is not the norm in everyones lives but if u had been forced to giv up ur LO for adoption, then find her years later only for her to die...then become pregnant again years after the first and lose that baby... someone as desperate as Ronnie would clearly do ANYTHING to have a child of their own... why else would she have pricked holes in condoms last year with Jack??

I wish i could watch this with innocent eyes :cry:

Angel mummys just want their own baby back... not someone elses... I know the post I've quoted didnt mean it this way but i quote 'would do anything for a baby of her OWN'... not someone elses.

Good on EE for doing the whole sids story but everything else is disgusting, not real life and tbh heartbreaking because it will make people believe that this is what angel mummys do...

I know for sure i only ever wanted my baby... No body elses.

Very disappointed in EE :-(

For those of you that think this is a "fab" story line I suggest you take a look at a similar thread on the SIDS & neonatal loss board...................

Thank u :flower: x

I kno this particular story line is abit extreme but if u put urself in Ronnie's position I'm not surprised if she does swap the babies.
OBVIOUSLY, this is not the norm in everyones lives but if u had been forced to giv up ur LO for adoption, then find her years later only for her to die...then become pregnant again years after the first and lose that baby... someone as desperate as Ronnie would clearly do ANYTHING to have a child of their own... why else would she have pricked holes in condoms last year with Jack??

I wish i could watch this with innocent eyes :cry:

Angel mummys just want their own baby back... not someone elses... I know the post I've quoted didnt mean it this way but i quote 'would do anything for a baby of her OWN'... not someone elses.

Good on EE for doing the whole sids story but everything else is disgusting, not real life and tbh heartbreaking because it will make people believe that this is what angel mummys do...

I know for sure i only ever wanted my baby... No body elses.

Very disappointed in EE :-(

I couldn't agree more :hugs: x

Eastenders had a chance here to tackle the issue of cot death with sensitivity, and also raise awareness, instead it seems they are just looking for another way to improve ratings by sensationalising it with a baby swap storyline... its not even an original one... it has already happened in emmerdale (they only difference in that story was the babys were switched at birth, and neither of the parents knew about it, until one of the babies died :()

xx

Eastenders had a chance here to tackle the issue of cot death with sensitivity, and also raise awareness, instead it seems they are just looking for another way to improve ratings by sensationalising it with a baby swap storyline... its not even an original one... it has already happened in emmerdale (they only difference in that story was the babys were switched at birth, and neither of the parents knew about it, until one of the babies died :()

xx

Totally agree. Its not like Kat wont notice either...well in EE anything is possible :S

i think this is a terrible story line. One i wont be watching. Easterners is going to far and really who wants to see this? It would be terribly upsetting and raw for so many parents. Do deal with cot death in a storty line maybe, but to have to go down the tacky line of swapping babies urgh makes me feel sick

I am shocked that some members think this is a good storyline... in a word NO it isn't.

It makes us Mums to sleeping babies look like we are fucking mental, its using SIDS as a ratings booster and most of all it is an insult to all families who have been affected by the death of a child and child abduction.

I probably speak for a lot of Angel Mums when i write this........ When our children died, we didn't want anyone elses, we wanted our own, we wanted them to breathe and we wanted them alive, not a replacement.

Even when some of us got pregnant with our Rainbow babes, we live with the stigma throughout the pregnancy and after that we were replacing our Angels.

We cant win, either we got pregnant too soon or we were not grieving 'correctly' or having another baby wasnt fair on our living children (if any) or our family :grr:.

This storyline is a joke from start to finish!!!!!

A very angry, pissed off V.

I am shocked that some members think this is a good storyline... in a word NO it isn't.

It makes us Mums to sleeping babies look like we are fucking mental, its using SIDS as a ratings booster and most of all it is an insult to all families who have been affected by the death of a child and child abduction.

I probably speak for a lot of Angel Mums when i write this........ When our children died, we didn't want anyone elses, we wanted our own, we wanted them to breathe and we wanted them alive, not a replacement.

Even when some of us got pregnant with our Rainbow babes, we live with the stigma throughout the pregnancy and after that we were replacing our Angels.

We cant win, either we got pregnant too soon or we were not grieving 'correctly' or having another baby wasnt fair on our living children (if any) or our family :grr:.

:hugs:

I completly agree. Im not a angel mummy and even i can see how damaging this story line could be.

Somewhere down the line a mother who has lost a angel is going to be treated with suspicion but a family/friend because of this story like and it isnt right.

SIDS is devastating enough they dont need to add all the extra "drama" on with the switching of babies.

Hopefully if enough people show their disgust at this story line it will be scrapped.

Also i know its just a TV show but people should be a little more carefull of saying "what a good/fab/interesting story" because while yes it might (sadly) make a dramatic tv show some people on here have lived that not so good/fab/interesting reality and its just not right

:hugs:

I completly agree. Im not a angel mummy and even i can see how damaging this story line could be.

Somewhere down the line a mother who has lost a angel is going to be treated with suspicion but a family/friend because of this story like and it isnt right.

SIDS is devastating enough they dont need to add all the extra "drama" on with the switching of babies.

Hopefully if enough people show their disgust at this story line it will be scrapped.

Also i know its just a TV show but people should be a little more carefull of saying "what a good/fab/interesting story" because while yes it might (sadly) make a dramatic tv show some people on here have lived that not so good/fab/interesting reality and its just not right

Well say kala

wow.. that made my stomach turn. i agree with the majority it is good to raise awareness of SIDS but the baby swapping thats just outrageous, unrealistic and IMO sick

I wonder if it will all be done in one episode because I cant see how Kat will think that Ronnies baby is hers it would more than likely have different features and wearing a different outfit...

even so, like many have said, minutes after birth i would have known my baby from any other :shrug: we were actually all discussing it in the hospital because i was amazed at how he had his own little distinct look even though he was 'just a baby' and i said i would recogise him anywhere

I was talking to a friend yesterday about this, about how awful I thought it was and that I wouldn't be watching..she told me that it was a 'good' storyline and that it does happen..I agreed that cot death does happen and that Babies do die but their Mums dont run out and grab the nearest Baby to replace the one they lost..to which she replied ''yes they do, i've heard of it happening..it would be quite normal to be that shocked to want another Baby and to steal one of it was close enough'' then after I told her that in a room of a million Babies you would know your own in a instant i got ''Thats not true though, look at emmerdale..they didn't know'' i've know her my entire life and have loved her like a Sister that time, but right then in Asda car park she disgusted me beyond belief. Yes she may not be a Mum herself but surely she shouldn't be that ignorant..you know what makes it worse, her Mum lost a Baby to SIDS and had a Baby that was born sleeping, so she should know the impact it has on lives and not believe the stupidness of tv soaps. :nope:
I saw in the loss section about a FB page with protests against the program, does anyone have the link for it, I would like to join and add my support and then link it to her to open her eyes as to how something like this can hurt so many families.

I watched a film the other night and a woman thought her baby died of SID but was ok, had me in tears the few seconds it didnt move then I had a nightmare that my son near died of SIDS and it scared the hell out of me even more! i always had this fear and cant watch someone going through it on tv acting. I will have amy new baby by thne so all new fresh fears of SIDS will be back and I dont think I will be able to watch eastender which is crap as I like the xmas one. Why they couldnht have just stuck to some villian dying of leaving with a bang. Why Ronnie! the poor womans had enough and this story line is horrible.

I was talking to a friend yesterday about this, about how awful I thought it was and that I wouldn't be watching..she told me that it was a 'good' storyline and that it does happen..I agreed that cot death does happen and that Babies do die but their Mums dont run out and grab the nearest Baby to replace the one they lost..to which she replied ''yes they do, i've heard of it happening..it would be quite normal to be that shocked to want another Baby and to steal one of it was close enough'' then after I told her that in a room of a million Babies you would know your own in a instant i got ''Thats not true though, look at emmerdale..they didn't know'' i've know her my entire life and have loved her like a Sister that time, but right then in Asda car park she disgusted me beyond belief. Yes she may not be a Mum herself but surely she shouldn't be that ignorant..you know what makes it worse, her Mum lost a Baby to SIDS and had a Baby that was born sleeping, so she should know the impact it has on lives and not believe the stupidness of tv soaps. :nope:
I saw in the loss section about a FB page with protests against the program, does anyone have the link for it, I would like to join and add my support and then link it to her to open her eyes as to how something like this can hurt so many families.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_123616357699589

i think it is not about raising awareness but about boosting ratings and V & Kala put it perfectly x

I cant even begin to write what is wrong with this statement. :grr:

I am sorry but thats appalling.

I dont know of ANYONE who has ever done that.

V xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"