Completely Off Topic-Eastenders fans

I stopped watcing Eastenders cos i got sick of everything bad that happens, happens to Ronnie. It just got boring and predictable. Like she finally realised Danielle was her daughter, oh, no she dies. She gets pregnant, no she loses it, now this, she has a baby, it dies. They've taken it to far with her me thinks.

yeah its a bit much isn' it, some happiness would be good eh !

I know even her wedding couldn't be straighforward, can't wait to see how they sort that one out tonight! x

SIDS is one thing to cover and I would be all for that but to take it to the extreme of switching babies and for it to happen to Ronnie is a bit much. I don't think I will watch it tbh.

What a story but I honestly didn't think that they make it so Ronnie would steal her baby I think it's quite awful actually. And theres not much that doesn't bother me but maybe they could have just for once gave Ronnie the happy ending she deserves and also Kat and Alfie the perfect ending. It shoudl be a good story line, but very sad and hard to watch aswell. But I think Kat will prob notice the baby in diff clothes and the fact it 's not her baby, well you'd hope so

I don't know if I will be able to watch it, it will be so sad :(

what a cruel storyline for ronnie - poor thing!!

i can see this storyline causing a lot of upset, however if EE handle it in the right way, it should be worth watching.

Huh? We are expected to believe that kat wouldn't notice her baby had suddenly changed into a different baby?! Like someone else said, no way would I mistake Arlo for another baby, even at a few hours old. I know it's not real life and it makes for a good storyline, but that seems so completely unrealistic. And why can't ronnie get a break for once!!

I'm seriously falling out with Eastenders. Fair enough, dealing with the subject of cot death is brave but to then switch babies I personally feel is a bit sick, the extra drama with it (the story line), it's not needed if that is really what is going to happen. They should just leave Ronnie alone with the baby tragedies anyway. I really don't like the 'new' people who have taken over the show. They are spoiling it in my opinon, before story lines used to be really well plotted, now they just throw too much random OTT drama in it for the sake of it (e.g Jacks random kidnapping) it's just all a getting a bit too much.

I'm not going to be watching it when this one starts for sure.

Please dont be true, lol. Poor Ronnie, must be the unluckiest character ever!
Eastenders has become a little random and unbelievable.
A little OT but i do not like the new Lauren

Having endured the loss of a baby I can only hope that Eastenders are going to tackle this storyline with tact and sensitivity but by the sounds of it - probably not. I shall be avoiding this storyline thats for sure.

Please dont be true, lol. Poor Ronnie, must be the unluckiest character ever!
Eastenders has become a little random and unbelievable.
A little OT but i do not like the new Lauren

I can't stand her lol! You'd think if they were changing her they'd at least keep her personality the same to make it not as obvious but she's like a whole new character! xx

That's stupid you would know it wasn't your baby if it got sWapped

Just replied to another post about this so im going to c&p my reply..

I think its a awful storyline..To have a SIDS storyline would, used the right way be 'good' to help raise even more awareness of it..to help people understand it, acknowledge it..but to do it like that and imply that a Mum can be send so mad by it that she can steal others Babies, nah. Hows that going to help make others understand it, Mums who have lost Babies to it will be made to look like they can do the same as Ronnie, that its something to be feared when someone you know loses a Baby..greiving Mums need compassion and understanding..not 11million viewers to think that every greving Mum has this in them.
Its not the first time EE has done this sort of story either, in the 80's a Baby died from SIDS, his Mum went mad and eventually got sectioned.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Osman
If it was to get a message out there then good, but this is about getting high ratings, not Mums that have lost Babies..it leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I cant even imagine how Mums to Angels will feel when they find out. :0(

Just replied to another post about this so im going to c&p my reply..

I think its a awful storyline..To have a SIDS storyline would, used the right way be 'good' to help raise even more awareness of it..to help people understand it, acknowledge it..but to do it like that and imply that a Mum can be send so mad by it that she can steal others Babies, nah. Hows that going to help make others understand it, Mums who have lost Babies to it will be made to look like they can do the same as Ronnie, that its something to be feared when someone you know loses a Baby..greiving Mums need compassion and understanding..not 11million viewers to think that every greving Mum has this in them.
Its not the first time EE has done this sort of story either, in the 80's a Baby died from SIDS, his Mum went mad and eventually got sectioned.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Osman
If it was to get a message out there then good, but this is about getting high ratings, not Mums that have lost Babies..it leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I cant even imagine how Mums to Angels will feel when they find out. :0(

I'm with you on this....I love eastenders but this, for me, is sick. Especially over the festive season when emotions of angel mummys will be so so high anyway :nope: i'll be avoiding it.

its gonna be toughy for eastenders writers to get it right. I personally think that soaps do create 'story lines' of real life issues that happen in real life! it helps raise awareness of all sorts from eating disorders...depression...abuse etc. it will be hard for those that have experienced these situations but if it helps others get thru/avoid something like this happening then why not???

I kno this particular story line is abit extreme but if u put urself in Ronnie's position I'm not surprised if she does swap the babies.
OBVIOUSLY, this is not the norm in everyones lives but if u had been forced to giv up ur LO for adoption, then find her years later only for her to die...then become pregnant again years after the first and lose that baby... someone as desperate as Ronnie would clearly do ANYTHING to have a child of their own... why else would she have pricked holes in condoms last year with Jack??

I feel for Ronnie...whether she's fictional or not! REAL people go thru the same thing!

Eastenders writers are goin to be clever and make out that the 2 babies are born on the same day (christmas) or close together and remarkably they will look so simular! And Kat & Alfie will say somethin like 'oh, they could be twins!' Then obv at new year, the tragedy will happen and Ronnie will go over initially for help but then twig then she would sneak upto the Moon Baby and swap their clothes and take the Moon Baby home with her. Noone any the wiser.

Having endured the loss of a baby I can only hope that Eastenders are going to tackle this storyline with tact and sensitivity but by the sounds of it - probably not. I shall be avoiding this storyline thats for sure.

I agree, you took the words right out of my mouth. :hugs:

what a fab storyline but like Billy, it's time the writers gave Ronnie something to smile about; some good news!

Nicola xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"