complications???

melons2171999

Reaction score
I am new here and just have some questions about getting pregnant while overweight/obese and complications that can come with that. I am 28 and I want my first child very soon! My hubby wants to wait until I am at a healthier weight but that could take up to a yr. We have been married for 2.5 yrs now and if it was up to just me, i would have gotten pregnant on our wedding night! :happydance:
I am just wondering if anyone could tell me about complications that could arise. My hubby says we should go talk to an ob/gyn and get his side of things but I am afraid he will tell me that I have to lose all that weight also. So just wondering if anybody has experienced any complications or know someone that has had any.

thanks

Alot of people who are overweight have no compltcations, some find it harder to conceive. I am about 5 stones overweight and conceived my son with no problems, working with my midwife i managed to only put on 15lb in pregnancy so that was great. I was told i was at higher risk of developing gestational diabetes and would probably have a large baby. I didnt get GD and although LO was big he wasnt huge.
Alot of people her are overweight and have conceived ok and had no problems throughout pregnancy. I am not particularly fit so i found i was more breathless at the end and probably got a bit more tired.

thank you very much! I like to hear good news like that! I have a question...maybe a dumb one... i read people talking about stones (like you said 5 stones). What does that mean?

thank you very much! I like to hear good news like that! I have a question...maybe a dumb one... i read people talking about stones (like you said 5 stones). What does that mean?

A stone is 14 lbs (pounds) or in metric 6.3 kg (ish)

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->