conceived with taking royal jelly

Briss you're right, I think there are so many factors that go into it...we're on so many supplements right now that if we get preggers we're just gonna chalk it up to a miracle and work to keep it in my tummy for the 40 weeks it should be. But there's no harm in trying supplements that have some sort of scientific backing. That bunk about apple cider vinegar lowering your acidity tho...I have to laugh. It's got no evidence to help and vinegar is an extremely strong acid. There's a bit of broken logic in the works.

ACV is actually alkaline. It works wonders for severe acid reflux and heartburn and I speak from experience. The stuff is amazing however you are supposed to take Bragg's brand or a equilevant, not some cheap off brand. Research it before you knock it.

Briss you're right, I think there are so many factors that go into it...we're on so many supplements right now that if we get preggers we're just gonna chalk it up to a miracle and work to keep it in my tummy for the 40 weeks it should be. But there's no harm in trying supplements that have some sort of scientific backing. That bunk about apple cider vinegar lowering your acidity tho...I have to laugh. It's got no evidence to help and vinegar is an extremely strong acid. There's a bit of broken logic in the works.

The apple cider vinegar does lower your acidity.... vinegar is alkali not acidic. just thought this might be of help

kjb what you offer is called 'anecdotal'. You only post opinion, the same as the other lady who came on this thread simply to argue. When you can post a solid reference about this then we can have a discussion. Do you know what acv is made from? This would be a start of a helpful conversation.

Briss I think you're right in that your urine will vary but your diet seems to be one that should be alkaline. My urine gets more acidic as the day goes on too. And it changes after i've taken supplements too :shrug:

I might be a marketing tool that after taking this supplement your urine turns alkaline but whether this actually does anything for you I am still not sure

Genuine Health couldn't come up with any studies to support their claims of AC vinegar being basic or studies where the health benefits are proven.
This is the response from the rep:

"Hi --------,

Thank you for your inquiry. Apple cider vinegar on its own is an acid formula. It’s main components are acetic and malic acids."

-they went on to say that when consumed it turns into a base but that he wouldn't be able to explain how it magically turns into a base in your stomach. My husband had a good laugh at this. Chemistry is a pretty simple science, there's not much magic about it otherwise he'd of had to get a wand a long time ago to work as a professional in his lab.

It is indeed a marketing gimmick. They make a small fortune off of the promise that it will benefit your health and it's incredibly inexpensive to make. In general, acidic foods aren't good for us.

In the chemical breakdown is exactly the same as most other vinegars with a few % variation in the fermentation to add colour and flavour.

Genuine Health couldn't come up with any studies to support their claims of AC vinegar being basic or studies where the health benefits are proven.
This is the response from the rep:

"Hi --------,

Thank you for your inquiry. Apple cider vinegar on its own is an acid formula. It’s main components are acetic and malic acids."

-they went on to say that when consumed it turns into a base but that he wouldn't be able to explain how it magically turns into a base in your stomach. My husband had a good laugh at this. Chemistry is a pretty simple science, there's not much magic about it otherwise he'd of had to get a wand a long time ago to work as a professional in his lab.

It is indeed a marketing gimmick. They make a small fortune off of the promise that it will benefit your health and it's incredibly inexpensive to make. In general, acidic foods aren't good for us.

In the chemical breakdown is exactly the same as most other vinegars with a few % variation in the fermentation to add colour and flavour.

Right, Maybe you are right, but I had another question, lime juice that's citric acid, I believe it turns alkaline when consumed, how does this work any thoughts ?

I think the citric acid helps you absorb minerals but I'm not sure what happens with the acidity once it's injested. I found this study interesting:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2637791/

I started drinking Yerba Mate tea, it tastes very much like green tea with a bit smoky taste. it has caffeine in it but unlike black/green tea or coffee it's actually alkaline.
https://www.energiseforlife.com/wor...aline-herbal-teas-yes-herbal-tea-is-alkaline/

I am 46 do you think this would help me? Royal Jelly? Can I buy it at a health food store?

I am 46 and TTC I heard about Royal Jelly and Fertiligreens, does anyone know if this would help??
Hubby and I are going to clinic to get sperm checked and our levels checked but thought I would ask if anyone has recomendations???

Hi Bohrer, I have DOR and was told at 36 I have less than 5% chance of ever getting pregnant - they said my ovaries functioned like a 48 year old's. I took all the supplements, CoQ10, Royal Jelly, Vit C, vitex, Dong Quai (this wound me up in the emergency room - I DO NOT recommend chinese herbs). All of the herbs did nothing for me except cost me an aweful lot. I did acupuncture OMG was so much money - thousands!

The only two times I've ever got pregnant naturally was when I was dieting and exercising like a mad woman. Back in Sept 2012 I lost 30 lbs and got pregnant naturally, we were about to attempt our first IVF. I didn't realise I have immune issues and lost the baby at 8 weeks. Then I had 4 IVF's and when I lost the 4th IVF twins I went for immune testing at Dr Beers office in California (you don't have to physically go there you just send them your bloodwork). I did the treatments and started to lose weight again (had put on 20 after 6 IVF's) and just before the 7th IVF and after all of the immune treatments we got pregnant naturally again. This one is a keeper.

If you are even slightly overweight, your hormones are locked up in your fat and you won't respond well to IVF drugs (or you'll hyper ovulate giving you lots of eggs but not good quality) and you are more likely to miscarry. Before I did my first IVF I got my weight down from a BMI of 30 to 23 and stayed there. Each time I started to train hard in that 5 year span I got pregnant naturally. My gf got pregnant naturally while training for the iron man (twice!)

Exercise and avoidance of carbs is my only advice. It's what did miracles for me even being in the healthy BMI zone it still kicked my body into high fertility gear. Carbs produce too much sugar which cause insulin spikes, there's a study done by the Diabetes Society that showed egg quality diminishes with a high carb, high sugar diet. The eggs get tiny nodules and bump deformations on them. I don't know for sure what is the almighty answer, but I definitely know what worked for me. I wish you luck:dust:

Right, Maybe you are right, but I had another question, lime juice that's citric acid, I believe it turns alkaline when consumed, how does this work any thoughts ?

Yippee - are you sure it's alkaline? Simply test it on a ph strip. I know they say that lemon is alkaline too. Ever test that? Ever wonder why it's a great cleaning agent?

2have4kids, you got pregnant naturally? that's incredible!! after all that trouble to get eggs and talk of donor eggs, this is just so amazing!!

Thanks Briss:hugs: yes, I was waiting for AF to come to go on the pill for a 4th DE IVF and AF never came. I was mad at first, thinking I'm so broken :haha: Then I decided to waste an hpt and magically double lines showed up. Then I was worried that I'd mc due to having old crappy eggs (as had happened before) and I know I have 3 serious immune issues (chances are so small for me to carry a baby never mind get pregnant!) Then I was worried our trip to Europe with DE IVF would be a wasted trip as the timing wouldn't permit me to line up my cycle-this travel fertility treatment stuff is SO expensive! Then we got to the 12th week scan just before we left and this little bean was alive and healthy - what a shock. I still get tears that it happened.

Briss where are you at? I hope you're doing well.

Jumping in here. I took royal jelly for the first time startinh cd1 the cycle I got pregnant with my son. Also my first cycle on soy. I started it again this cycle, but a little later as I had to order it after discovering my local Wal-Mart didn't carry it. Today is cd13 and if I O around when I did my last soy cycle, I will O on Sunday CD18. I'm hoping I didn't get it too late and I'll have a nice egg

2have4kids, I am so happy for you!! this is truly a miracle and you so deserve it! what an amazing story!! This gives hope to so many of us.

afm, I got pregnant after my 6th natural IVF but sadly miscarried. we carry on with natural IVf in Germany, one egg per cycle but at least I can be sure this is the best egg in every given cycle. we also use IMSI for sperm issue.

with regards to royal jelly and the rest of this stuff, It did not really make any noticeable difference. over the years TTC I reduced my list of supplements to essentials and pay attention to the quality of the supplements and that they use natural forms of vitamins which is crucial for it to have any effect at all.

2have4kids, I am so happy for you!! this is truly a miracle and you so deserve it! what an amazing story!! This gives hope to so many of us.

afm, I got pregnant after my 6th natural IVF but sadly miscarried. we carry on with natural IVf in Germany, one egg per cycle but at least I can be sure this is the best egg in every given cycle. we also use IMSI for sperm issue.

with regards to royal jelly and the rest of this stuff, It did not really make any noticeable difference. over the years TTC I reduced my list of supplements to essentials and pay attention to the quality of the supplements and that they use natural forms of vitamins which is crucial for it to have any effect at all.

I'm sorry about your mc Briss but it really sounds like you're doing everything possible to make it happen! Good work, don't give up.

I too don't believe royal jelly, CoQ10 or any of the supplements helped me, I would never want to try soy being a heavily sprayed RoundUp crop and 99.9% GMO. Soy also increases estrogen which is so high in me anyways, being DOR and over 30 estrogen dominance is correlated to so many negative health effects including breast cancer (not causational -yet however how many 50+ year old women do you know with breast cancer, I personally know quite a few). So all soy products are banned from my household and thank goodness most countries, except for the USA - which has many many lobby groups, have banned soy from their infant products because they have been shown to cause infertility.

Remembered my password to my old account, yay!

Got my smiley face this morning :happydance: I had a feeling it was coming since my cervix opened last night. Let's hope we catch this egg like we did last time on our first soy/rj/geritol cycle!

Hello ladies,

I just registered for this forum although I have been reading everyone's stories here for at least a couple of years! I wanted to share my recent success...

Hubby and I have been ttc for #2 for 18 months. We had to wait 3 years for our son (our first and only). We are both 38 and have been diagnosed "unexplained" and/or "aging eggs". When we were ttc our son we did chlomid+IUI for 2 rounds -- nothing, and then I started levothyroxine and metformin and in 2 months was pregnant, after 3 years of trying.

Ok, so our son is now 26 mo and we've been wanting a sibling for him since he turned 1. First tried naturally, nothing. Then asked my RE to put me on metformin, was on it for 5 months, but no success. I then decided what the heck I'll try that royal jelly stuff. I also cleaned up my diet from excess carbs. Two months, and I got BFP! I am now 5 w only, so anything can still happen, but this was quite a surprise, as we had planned on starting treatments this fall.

It may have been a coincidence, maybe the change in my diet, or maybe a combination of factors plus the royal jelly. idk, but I'll take it!

zaya, the only times I've ever got pregnant naturally were when I was dieting. My sort of dieting is cutting out carby foods. There's also a fantastic 'accidental' diabetes study that has linked carby foods to poor egg quality. high sugar and sugar from high carb foods are linked to eggies that have bumps and nodules on them. They are visibly different and deformed over otherwise eggs that are produced while maintaining a low sugar, low carb diet (higher protein & veg).

Many people refuse to cut out breads, noodles, rice, cookies etc from their eating citing the 12+ 'grains' that we've been spoon fed as a healthy diet regime from the national food pyramid preached by governments since the '70's. In fact that food pyramid suggesting 12+grain foods at the bottom was created by wheat and dairy lobbyists together with a panel of non-scientific government employees. Since the '70's obesity has exponentially risen and become a pandemic.

So there's logic to the low carb eating. Low carb is also recommended for women with PCOS and other problems effecting our fertility. It's not a popular thing to preach though, so many people are absolutely enamored with their high carb foods! I was given less than 5% chance to conceive naturally due to DOR and conceived while dieting this year and once previously in 2009 when again on a low carb diet. Unfortunately mc'd at 8 weeks back in 2009. I'll definitely try again this way after this baby comes to lose the baby weight and get some siblings on the way.

2have4kids, it is fascinating. My "internationally renown" RE who oversaw my 1st successful pregnancy put me on a strict diet back then when we were about to conceive our son. I cut out ALL excess carbs and sugar. No pasta, bread, rice, potato, and also no dairy. He wanted me to avoid all fruit but blueberries. I followed as closely as I could and, well, it worked! We were supposed to start injectables upon the start of my next cycle, and the next cycle never came :happydance:

This time around I followed the same diet and added royal jelly and COQ10.

I had my first beta yesterday, 4w3d, and it was 675. Repeating tomorrow (48h wait). I am SOOOOOO nervous, yet excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->