conceived with taking royal jelly

Hi,
I have been wanting to buy royal jelly, I have had some in capsules, but think they are not as effective as fresh. I think fresh needs to be kept cool? Is that only after opening or before. I would be traveling by plane and do not want it to go bad.

Hello~ I have been taking royal jelly for 5 months now. No luck yet. Maybe this month =). I see you guys mentioned apple cigar vinegar too. It is an alkaline forming food. It has to do with the effect on the body, not the value of the food itself. I have also read elsewhere it is good for ttc but has many other benefits as well. Here is a list of alkalizing/acidifying foods if you are interested.

https://rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

last couple of months I have been taking fresh bee pollen (one tea spoon a day) rather than royal jelly in capsules, I was hoping that organic fresh stuff would have better effect but it did not make a difference for us. it tastes like a mixture of honey and beeswax. I bought it abroad from bee farmers and packed it properly in my luggage. I was not allowed to take it on the plane in my hand luggage but it was all right

I could not buy fresh royal jelly, bee farmers told me it's difficult to farm and store and not many of them are doing it

btw, has anyone had a blood test to check their PH levels? I am not even sure it's possible but it would be good to know for sure if your blood has an acidic pH

Hi Briss, i have little pee strips that indicate ph. I got them with thisbottle of Genuine Health 'Greens' that we putin our shakes. If you eat lots of veggies too it can balace your ph. Most organic health food stores should have the strips.

2have4kids, thank you! that's great, I will check my nearest store

last couple of months I have been taking fresh bee pollen (one tea spoon a day) rather than royal jelly in capsules, I was hoping that organic fresh stuff would have better effect but it did not make a difference for us. it tastes like a mixture of honey and beeswax. I bought it abroad from bee farmers and packed it properly in my luggage. I was not allowed to take it on the plane in my hand luggage but it was all right

I could not buy fresh royal jelly, bee farmers told me it's difficult to farm and store and not many of them are doing it

Thank you:flower:
I am traveling to Lithuania soon and bee keeping is popular there, I should be able to find some pollen.

I actually bought some of these. Not sure why, they were in a pharmacy along with HCG, OV tests and menopause strips (bought but am afraid to try):wacko:

I have the PH strips but not used yet. I know acidic favors girls and alkaline boys, but is there a benefit to being balanced?

what is menopause strips? sounds scary…

I actually bought some of these. Not sure why, they were in a pharmacy along with HCG, OV tests and menopause strips (bought but am afraid to try):wacko:

I have the PH strips but not used yet. I know acidic favors girls and alkaline boys, but is there a benefit to being balanced?

The thought behind not being too acidic is that an acidic state makes your body a better host to disease and cancer and hinders absorption of calcium etc. If you think you have acidosis you can take antioxidents to slow aging and eat more greens/use greens powder in your shakes etc to balance your ph. My skin always clears up when I use my greens powder and I usually feel like I have more energy. I don't really see any other changes but I don't think all changes are that apparent when you are just balancing your ph. It's probably long term health that it

I even think my mom recommended acv for heart burn (myth):dohh:I found out my heart burn was due to taking antibiotics and when I take probiotics it gets rid of it altogether. I have a stash of probiotics on hand now and my hb usually goes away after popping one.

btw, has anyone had a blood test to check their PH levels? I am not even sure it's possible but it would be good to know for sure if your blood has an acidic pH

They sold PH tests in the health food store I used to go to. Not a blood test though (obviously lol) think its a saliva test.

I agree have not tried it yet:wacko:

It was there with all the other tests, opks, hpts and the PH test. It looks to be a urine test as well but not sure what they are testing for, have not opened the box but did buy it!

The thought behind not being too acidic is that an acidic state makes your body a better host to disease and cancer and hinders absorption of calcium etc. If you think you have acidosis you can take antioxidents to slow aging and eat more greens/use greens powder in your shakes etc to balance your ph. My skin always clears up when I use my greens powder and I usually feel like I have more energy. I don't really see any other changes but I don't think all changes are that apparent when you are just balancing your ph. It's probably long term health that it helps.

At the bottom of this link they rate the acidity of foods. How did I ever think that apple cider vinegar was acidic?:haha: I even think my mom recommended it for heart burn! :dohh:I found out my heart burn was due to taking antibiotics and when I take probiotics it gets rid of it altogether. https://www.genuinehealth.com/skin/frontend/default/genhealth/pdf/ph_brochure_revised_en.pdf

Oh that is interesting, thanks! Well I have the test and will give it a go:flower: I bought all the types they had just out of curiosity. I planned one day near OV, to see if I was more acidic or alkaline....hehe

I agree have not tried it yet:wacko:

It was there with all the other tests, opks, hpts and the PH test. It looks to be a urine test as well but not sure what they are testing for, have not opened the box but did buy it!

Oh my, it's to test fsh. I didn't know there was chromotography for this too, thought only a blood test could test fsh. Well, I already know mine is high, they say fsh varies and is only as good as the highest score. So 1 month mine was 14 or 16, cant remember and the next is was 6. The fc discounted the 6 score and took the 16 (to my horror). I like the AMH test better, less variance in score and it doesn't matter which day you test, it'll always stay the same value whereas fsh depends on the day it was taken and the level of hormones running through your blood. Usually taken on day 3.
https://www.testcountry.com/products.html?product=1627

Ohhhh thanks! That is interesting! Will test on day three now I know what it is for:flower:

Ohhhh thanks! That is interesting! Will test on day three now I know what it is for:flower:
Don't take my word verbatim because it's the fsh blood test they typically do on day 3, the pee test? I have no idea how these work. I'd take it on a few different days to see what happens:haha:

Briss you're right, I think there are so many factors that go into it...we're on so many supplements right now that if we get preggers we're just gonna chalk it up to a miracle and work to keep it in my tummy for the 40 weeks it should be. But there's no harm in trying supplements that have some sort of scientific backing. That bunk about apple cider vinegar lowering your acidity tho...I have to laugh. It's got no evidence to help and vinegar is an extremely strong acid. There's a bit of broken logic in the works.

ACV is actually alkaline. It works wonders for severe acid reflux and heartburn and I speak from experience. The stuff is amazing however you are supposed to take Bragg's brand or a equilevant, not some cheap off brand. Research it before you knock it.

OK, I had to search this thread again. I've gone and edited my post with the genuine foods link, they list acv as alkaline 7.8 and this is impossible for a vinegar. They have it wrong so I've removed it from my post. I originally thought acv was acidic and it is. There's varying information on the web (mostly folklore) about it but I'm sitting here with heartburn after eating cucumbers that were soaked in braggs apple cider vinegar. My hubbie is a chemist and looked it up for me, it absolutely is acidic. It's main components are acetic and malic acids. We did the test, put the ph strip test into a bit of apple cider vinegar, it's completely acidic. It's typical ph read is 4.25-5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider_vinegar

Unfortunately, if you don't get your info from a reputable source, you can 'research' quite a lot of incorrect, unfounded and highly misleading info about acv's 'amazing' properties but it all boils down to being a very basic acid, plain and simple. Here's an article that counters anecdotal folklore with proper scientific studies around acv: https://jdc325.wordpress.com/2007/09/24/apple-cider-vinegar/

Briss you're right, I think there are so many factors that go into it...we're on so many supplements right now that if we get preggers we're just gonna chalk it up to a miracle and work to keep it in my tummy for the 40 weeks it should be. But there's no harm in trying supplements that have some sort of scientific backing. That bunk about apple cider vinegar lowering your acidity tho...I have to laugh. It's got no evidence to help and vinegar is an extremely strong acid. There's a bit of broken logic in the works.

The apple cider vinegar does lower your acidity.... vinegar is alkali not acidic. just thought this might be of help

I tested my acidity levels with two different strips: virginal one showed my level were normal (but I was using preseed at the time so it might not be totally accurate) but urine one was very acidic :( I am actually really surprised because most of what I eat is fruit /vegg + juices (I do them myself at home), I do not eat any processed foods, the only bad thing I eat is chocolate. I have a feeling that testing your urine may not be the most accurate way to check your ph balance. There is an interesting article here: https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/alkaline-diets-what-to-know

"You don't just have one pH level. For example, the stomach has a pH ranging from 1.35-3.5. It must be acidic to aid in digestion. However, blood must always be slightly alkaline, with a pH of 7.35 to 7.45.
The theory of the alkaline diet is that eating certain foods can help maintain the body's ideal pH balance to improve overall health. But the body maintains its pH balance regardless of diet.
For instance, your diet may affect the pH level of your urine. But what you eat does not determine your blood's pH level."

ACV is actually alkaline. It works wonders for severe acid reflux and heartburn and I speak from experience. The stuff is amazing however you are supposed to take Bragg's brand or a equilevant, not some cheap off brand. Research it before you knock it.

The apple cider vinegar does lower your acidity.... vinegar is alkali not acidic. just thought this might be of help

kjb what you offer is called 'anecdotal'. You only post opinion, the same as the other lady who came on this thread simply to argue. When you can post a solid reference about this then we can have a discussion. Do you know what acv is made from? This would be a start of a helpful conversation.

Briss I think you're right in that your urine will vary but your diet seems to be one that should be alkaline. My urine gets more acidic as the day goes on too. And it changes after i've taken supplements too :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->