Conceiving Day After Ov??

honeysuede

Reaction score
Hi:flower:
I was just wondering if anyone has ever conceived on the day following ovulation? basically I got positive OPKS Thurs, Fri & yesterday but we only DTD early this morning which I guess is 1dpo, Just wondering if we have a chance or if I should write this month off:wacko:
xxx

Unlikely hub as you generally ovulate 24 hours after your first opk which would mean ovulation on Friday. The egg can only survive 12 hours once released, plus the sperm has to mature for 12 hours before it can enter the egg. That said its not impossible so there's always a chance! Best of luck x

Did you dtd before the positive opk good? I'm in a similar boat as you. We dtd 8/6 and I think I got my pos opk on 8-8 but we didn't dtd until 8-10 so I'm not feeling too great but I'm hoping the one of these days will work.

I've heard lots of stories of women conceiving in really odd days but I'd say the timing would be pretty poor I'm afraid. You're not out til you're out though!!

Be positive. Don't worry so much about opks and when to DTD. A positive mental attitude leads to positive outcomes :)

Thanks for your answrs girls, we only did it that one day so I guess my chances are next to none. Oh well, next month it is then :)
xxx

Be positive. Don't worry so much about opks and when to DTD. A positive mental attitude leads to positive outcomes :)

:thumbup: so true. Month 20 of TTC my son was the only month I was positive and BFP arrived friday 13th:kiss::hugs:xxx

:thumbup: so true. Month 20 of TTC my son was the only month I was positive and BFP arrived friday 13th:kiss::hugs:xxx

Woo hoo! Well it's looking good for me so because I'm being super positive this month :happydance:

I'm starting a new cycle over and I feel so much lighter and positive. I'm attributing this to the fact that I'm beginning Mayan abdominal massage therapy since the medical profession isn't helping me. I've let go of the anger and bitterness I've had against the doctors who won't help me and I'm being proactive, woop woop!

I'm always on the lookout for positive buddies here amongst all the negativity and scare-mongering, so if you want a positive, hippie dippie buddy, I'm here ;)

Woo hoo! Well it's looking good for me so because I'm being super positive this month :happydance:

I'm starting a new cycle over and I feel so much lighter and positive. I'm attributing this to the fact that I'm beginning Mayan abdominal massage therapy since the medical profession isn't helping me. I've let go of the anger and bitterness I've had against the doctors who won't help me and I'm being proactive, woop woop!

I'm always on the lookout for positive buddies here amongst all the negativity and scare-mongering, so if you want a positive, hippie dippie buddy, I'm here ;)

Oh that would be nice:hugs: hehe hippie dippie buddy, I like it!:thumbup: So you are at the start of your cycle now then? How long have you been TTC if you don't mind me asking?
xxx

Yep cd1 today. I let myself be a little sad yesterday, when the spotting started, for a couple of hours and then told myself to snap out of it and become solution focused!

We've been ttc for 7 cycles - well, this is our 8th now so it can be hard to stay positive sometimes. I have 'suspected endometriosis' which I'm not getting any help for. Ob/gyn won't investigate until we've been ttc for 18 months even though he agreed that there's likely endo there. I've worked hard at letting go of the bitterness I feel about him, lol!

His long have you been ttc?

Yep cd1 today. I let myself be a little sad yesterday, when the spotting started, for a couple of hours and then told myself to snap out of it and become solution focused!

We've been ttc for 7 cycles - well, this is our 8th now so it can be hard to stay positive sometimes. I have 'suspected endometriosis' which I'm not getting any help for. Ob/gyn won't investigate until we've been ttc for 18 months even though he agreed that there's likely endo there. I've worked hard at letting go of the bitterness I feel about him, lol!

His long have you been ttc?

Sorry to hear about the suspected endo and the obgyn being like that. They just don't understand sometimes do they. I know it is sooo much easier said than done but my best advise to you is try to relax, which is what you seem o be doing now:flower: When I was ttc DS it took 20 months and the last 6 I was sooo obsessive about it that I scared myself and my OH! Waving ovulation tests at him and having ameltdown if AF showed up, after a TWW full of symptom spotting & googling:blush: This time round I am tryin soo hard not to obsess and just keep thinking how blessed I am to have DS.

I am on cycle 2 of TTC this time so only the begginning:haha:
Do you live in the UK too?
xx

Yeah I'm trying hard to relax! The tww is the hardest though. I've taken to meditating in the last week, lol! I literally sit at my desk at work and meditate ;)

You are blessed to have your son - he's adorable! I hope it doesn't take you too long this time.

I'm in Ireland :)

Yeah I'm trying hard to relax! The tww is the hardest though. I've taken to meditating in the last week, lol! I literally sit at my desk at work and meditate ;)

You are blessed to have your son - he's adorable! I hope it doesn't take you too long this time.

I'm in Ireland :)

Thanks:hugs: And meditating sounds like a great plan!!:haha::thumbup:
Do you have a long or short cycle? xx

Meditating is great :)

My cycles are around 28/29 days which is great really. Every so often my body throws me a curve ball and I go 4 days late which is awful! :(

Meditating is great :)

My cycles are around 28/29 days which is great really. Every so often my body throws me a curve ball and I go 4 days late which is awful! :(

My cycles are 27/28 days and I ov around cd17/18 so a short LP. But like you, sometimes I get thrown a curve ball!
Well I have been experienceing lightheadedness, headaches & AF cramps - trying not to take notice as symptom spotting is evil but can't help it:haha:
xx

Oh I hear you, it's sooo hard not to symptom spot! I hope the tww goes fast for you!

Thanks!!:hugs: I am due on next Tuesday so 6 days to wait and I just know I will start testing early:haha:
xxx

6 days isn't too long to wait! Try hang in there and not test too early! :)

I will try my bestest!!:haha: But I have a bunch of cheapie tests that will be calling my name by 8dpo! I didn't get a positive until 10dpo with Jack so I should really wait xx

Hey there, just wondering about the abdominal massage you are doing. I started doing fertility massage on myself and reflexology last month and I swear i felt the O the day after opk was pos. have you had any luck with it yourself? I also am trying to be positive with visualization and meditation. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->