concerned about bump

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
I'm starting to worry my bump has stopped growing either that or really slowed down in growth.
Last week I was in hospital for 2 nights due to reduced movements and pains which turned out to be spd. had the pain for months and didn't know what it was.
Anyway while I was at the hospital every time my fundal height was measured the midwives would say mmmm and measure again and sometimes even a 3rd time then say I am measuring small for dates. through out the pregnancy it's been pretty much on track, at my midwife appointment the week before it was on track.
they did a growth scan while I was in hospital even though I told them I had one this week anyway they said it was more for reassurance and they didn't want me to wait another week for a scan. baby is fine, stomach right on track other parts about a week behind, although the guy doing the scan took the measurements of baby's head 3 times, 1st time came out 2 weeks behind, 2nd a little over a week and 3rd a week behind.
Another thing that makes me worry is comparing my bmp picture from 2 weeks ago. I can hardly see any growth there.

https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/littlesteph88/bump4.jpg

All i can say is dont go by your picture size(your baby looks like they are in a different position), with my 2nd baby i was much bigger than my 1st.
My 1st was born at 40+4 and my second came at 41+2.
My first was 8lb 10oz my second was 7lb 11oz.
Sounds like your baby is pretty spot on :)

30 week pic he was more out front, my 32 week one he's lower down. has been pretty low all day

First off - you have a really cute bump ! Just had to say that.

Secondly, I know my bump changes size and shape throughout the day, sometimes I can fit fine into my pre-pregnancy jeans and the next day I can't even get out of the bath by myself lol, so don't worry too much.

Fundal length is such a rough estimate ! Women carry different amounts of water and it changes depending on how the baby is lying.

When is your next midwife appointment ? If you are still concerned just ask the midwife, she should be able to put your mind at rest !

First off - you have a really cute bump ! Just had to say that.

Secondly, I know my bump changes size and shape throughout the day, sometimes I can fit fine into my pre-pregnancy jeans and the next day I can't even get out of the bath by myself lol, so don't worry too much.

Fundal length is such a rough estimate ! Women carry different amounts of water and it changes depending on how the baby is lying.

When is your next midwife appointment ? If you are still concerned just ask the midwife, she should be able to put your mind at rest !

thank you :)
I have a consultant appointment on Monday and then I see my midwife 2 weeks after that.

Yep, I'd follow your gut instincts and keep asking at every appointment. Let them all know about your concerns and keep a steady watch for movements. Mommas know best. Hopefully you're worrying for nothing but it's good that you're aware.

Yep, I'd follow your gut instincts and keep asking at every appointment. Let them all know about your concerns and keep a steady watch for movements. Mommas know best. Hopefully you're worrying for nothing but it's good that you're aware.

thank you,
my hubby thinks i'm silly and just not feeling his movements, my mum in law is actually concerned, she wasn't till I spent over an hour on a ctg because his heart rate was all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->