concerned I am not ovulating!!

Ragdoll00

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and finally decided to seek some guidance. I have an 11 month son (he was born in December 2015). I stopped breastfeeding when he was 4 months. however I still do not have regular cycles. in fact my cycles are almost non-extistent. I had a period in august, then nothing, I had blood work done and the doc said nothing seemed abnormal however because she knows I want to try to have a second baby she put me on a 5 day course of progesterone. I completed this and had a super light period for only 3 days. I then tracked my ovulation and when I was peak fertile I did the deed a few times and not here I am on day 34 of my cycle with no period and a negative pregnancy test. I am wondering if my body had a LH surge but then never ovulated? I was on BC for about 6 years. so I do not really know how long my cycles are. I did not have any trouble getting pregnant with my son. one month off BC I was preggo. I am trying not to panic but I am in my 30s so I am starting to feel the pressure. any suggestions? I am nervous too that if I call my doc they will just tell me to wait because I am only on day 34....

I was on an IUD for 9 years and got it taken out in June. My cycles went back to normal immediately (I didn't have AF while I had the IUD). They last cycle I was supposed to get AF on 10/24 and it never showed up. I am now 21 days late and not pg. The nurse said that she thinks I didn't O last cycle. She said that lots of women skip a cycle of O here and there, but a lot still get AF so they don't even notice. I have 2 boys and didn't have any trouble conceiving them, though I was a lot younger. I'm now 35 and definitely worried that my age might play a factor, but the nurse said as long as I O this cycle, I should be fine. I have been using the OPKs this month and am pretty sure that I O'd this past weekend. Now I just have to wait and see. Good luck and I hope you figure out what is going on. When AF doesn't show up and you are getting BFNs it is super frustrating!

Id give it some time and not panic just yet . Some people it takes there body longer then others to adjust and get back to normal after having a baby. My first i didnt get a regular period back till after he was a year old

How long past ovulation are you, and how did you track it?

It can take a while to get cycles back post-partum, or there may be a hormone imbalance.

Tracking your basal body temperature is one very reliable way of tracking ovulation, especially when combined with opks and keeping an eye on your cervical mucus. Just opks alone only prove that your LH surged, not necessarily that it caused ovulation.

Thanks everyone, I charted ovulation using the clear blue digital advanced. I tried temping but was having a hard time remembering to take my temp every morning before getting out of bed (however last night I went out and bought a thermometer I can leave right next to my phone at bedside so I am going to try to be more diligent). I have taken more notice to my CM however I have not been "checking it" sometimes my underwear seems more wet requiring me to wear a panty liner (sorry if TMI) then some days there is just like a white crust (gross I know). this morning is exactly 14 days since I got the solid smile face on the ovulation kit test. another negative test. as hard as this waiting it I guess I'll wait until I am 40 days into my cycle (I am on day 35) and then call my doc? the blood work they did prior to putting me on progesterone included checking if I was in menapause, pregnant and also checked my hormone levels. Doc said I was not preggo (shocker), not in menapause (thank God) and all my hormone levels were within normal ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->