Concerns about hospital birth/hypnobirthing UK

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
I'm a hypnobirthing hopeful but must give birth at a hospital as it is quite far away and I have a congenital heart defect.

The more I learn about hypnobirthing/natural birthing the more confident I feel in my body's ability, yet I'm worried my plans will be messed up by hospital staff. I have concerns...Can anyone who's birthed at a hospital in the UK please advise? I can't get answers from the hospital itself as they don't do tours or anything and everyone is always too busy to discuss all this.

1. Will we mainly be left in peace and quiet in the room so we can practise our techniques without too many interruptions?

2. Can we have the lights low?

3. Will staff try to tell me when to push?

4. Will staff try to get me to lie on the bed to push out baby?

5. How long will they allow me skin to skin before taking my baby away for checks?

I have written a birth plan but I am still worried, especially about things like being told when to push...I hate the thought unless there's a need!

Any insight appreciated :thumbup:

I think all you can do is speak to your midwife about your wishes and make sure your birthing partner is up to speed too. Obs can't comment on what the hospital facilities will be, again, your mw would be best placed to tell you what you can expect there. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->