Concerns you have when you get your BFP ?

BeesBella

Mama of 1 and expecting number 2 in July 2019
Reaction score
I thought, just to kill some time, how about we write about things that would concern us when we get our BFP or when we have a little one, or people who already have little ones, what sort of things concerned you, other than the usual worries of a parents like falling over or getting sick etc etc. I have a huge list of things so I'll go first -

1. I am completely vegetarian. I know OH's family don't approve of that and they are not above 'spiking' food with animal fat, thinking I need the nutrients (completely rediulous). Until my child is old enough to decide for it'self, I would like him/her to be vegetarian. I am worried about if I ever have to leave LO with OH's family, if they will feed him/her meat. No matter what I say to them, I wouldn't put it past them.

2. I wouldn't want to let LO go out in the car with OH's Nana and Grandad, OH has a two year old cousin and last time I was in the car with them, he wasn't strapped into his car seat. It made my blood run cold. Nana was sitting right next to him the whole journey and didn't make an effort to strap him in, I mean I know that they are old fashioned but seriously !

3. When my SIL got a new puppy she took it around OH's Nana's where all the family have their Sunday Lunch and OH's 2 year old cousin was there. When the puppy was being fed, the 2 year old was sticking his hands in the food bowl. I said "Sweetie, don't play with the puppy's food." and his dad says to me "Oh it's fine, the puppy has to learn." Ok yes fair enough but what it the child then thinks it's ok to do it to every dog, he will end up bitten !

4. One word - Tar - I can't stand it. Growing up in Norfolk and Suffolk, when my little brother was younger I always remember his fathers family saying Tar to him instead of Thank You. It sends shivers down my spine, I hate the word and I know it sounds mean but I don't want my child to grow up talking like that.

I know that they are just trivial ones but I am trying to keep this as light hearted as possible while still airing my concerns. It keeps me busy in the terrible 2WW.

On a more positive note. Only 3 more days until AF is due so we will see what happens I guess *FX*.

I'm worried how my youngest son will be if/when a new baby comes. He can get quite jealous if I hold friends little ones. We have asked the boys if they'd like a new baby brother or sister and they have both said yes although the older one said he'd actually rather have a dog (no difference haha). Oldest was 2yrs 4 months when youngest came along but LO will be 4 this year so he's had a lot longer at being the youngest. I'm sure it will be fine.

I get where your coming from re your in-laws, I had loads of problems when had 1st. He was 1st grandchild on both sides and both gran's (not just OH side) decided to listen to how we wanted things to be done then once we were not there do things there own way. It caused major arguements, including between OH and I. WHile some things did change I came to the conclusion where it wouldn't hurt as long as it wasn't all the time and when I was there things were done my way. By the time second one came along I was a lot more mellow.

One thing that still annoys OH and I, is when we get told off for telling the kids off when they miss behave at his mum's. OH hates being up there sometime when oldest is being difficult he's 6 in a few weeks and has cottoned on to the fact if he does something he's not supposed to when at his gran's it doesnt matter because if we tell him off for it we get into trouble. I have seen us just getting coats on and leaving because of this as arguements have happened between OH and MIL then they've not spoke for days.

I'm thankful though that sometimes my mum can see I'm getting annoyed with whatever the kids are doing and she tells them off before I do. Somehow the change in my mum's tone manages to stop them in their tracks.

Awww, to be honest when I was younger, I also said I'd prefer a dog to a little brother or sister......still would tbh j/k.

It would be first grandchild on both sides too. I have concerns about OH's family because they are totally different to mine and my beliefs. Also concerned if I have a girl because they see women should be married to rich men and I want my kid to have big dreams. Like a doctor or a lawyer. I guess they are just old fashioned like that.

With my family, the only concern I have is that I will never get to see my baby, my mum is so excited that I am now TTC, it's all she talks about and she has even looked at houses with an extra bedroom incase I want to stay at home so there can be a nursery bless her. She is only 42 but she had her tubes tied 12 years ago after 2 children and 2 miscarriages. She said she just wants a house full of grandkids now. I think it's because her mum is a right old dragon and when my mum got pregnant at me (she was 21 and married at the time) she told my mum how she has ruined her life and basically saying she hopes it ends in mc. At least with my mum, I know I'll always have a baby sitter =D And my brother who is 17 in a few weeks said that he will baby sit if it's a boy but not if it's a girl because girls are too whinney.....I'm sure he'd change his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->