Concert in aid of The Baby Loss Awareness Campaign

Peach Blossom

Mummy to Lili
Reaction score
As some of you may know I have sadly miscarried twice this year. I felt compelled to do something to raise awareness of the impact it has on our lives when we lose a baby. I decided that I would organise a concert to raise money for the campaign and raise awareness.

Today I booked the venue. I am still yet to confirm the exact programme for the evening, but I have approached Peter Andre and Michael Mckell to perform at the event. I work in the musical theatre industry so will be pulling in lots of favours and get them involved. The theme of the evening is: 'you are not alone'. We will start the event with the lighting of candles to contribute to the Global Wave of Light in memory of our angels.

I would like to end the evening with a film including written messages from people either to their angels or about their experiences. If you would like to contribute please leave your messages on this thread or PM me.

For more information please visit: https://*******.com/n9pgkg

Love and :hug: to you all.

I just want to say, this is truely wonderful thing that you are doing, so brave and you make all us girls here very proud.

Can I ask, where the concert is to be held and when, as if possible I would love to attend, and do anything I can to help out with it. Depending on where it is, im not sure what I could do, but anything to help.

please feel free to PM me, as I would be honoured to help such a good cause.

Laura.xxx

Just editing as I got into the page link (couldnt get in before), so now have more details

Peaches I will be there, would love to help. I would be very suprised if Peter Andre turned this event down as katie has had 2 miscarriages with him now, thats if the papers are right!! xx

Hey Laura, I need help with ideas on how to do the candles. I have been given 100 tea lights by Price's candles. I want everyone who wants to, to be able to light a candle at the start of the concert. They're not going to want to hold them for the duration of the event though and putting them on the floor is a bit wierd and a fire hazard. Was thinking perhaps a table on the stage where people can come up and light the tea lights.... Need to make it look nice though.

If anyone has any suggestions of songs you would like to hear then please let me know. The message of the evening is: You are not alone.

I could also do with help getting the message out there to everyone in what ever way possible!

And finally I need help with gathering and putting together information packs for people to take away with them.

If you're London based then I could do with help on the day from 2pm to set up the venue etc.

Thank you for your offer of help. Now I've booked the venue I'm suddenly aware of the mammoth task I have ahead!! :)

:hug:

Hey Laura, I need help with ideas on how to do the candles. I have been given 100 tea lights by Price's candles. I want everyone who wants to, to be able to light a candle at the start of the concert. They're not going to want to hold them for the duration of the event though and putting them on the floor is a bit wierd and a fire hazard. Was thinking perhaps a table on the stage where people can come up and light the tea lights.... Need to make it look nice though.

If anyone has any suggestions of songs you would like to hear then please let me know. The message of the evening is: You are not alone.

I could also do with help getting the message out there to everyone in what ever way possible!

And finally I need help with gathering and putting together information packs for people to take away with them.

If you're London based then I could do with help on the day from 2pm to set up the venue etc.

Thank you for your offer of help. Now I've booked the venue I'm suddenly aware of the mammoth task I have ahead!! :)

:hug:

I will certainly have a think about how to light the tealights, could you even ask for people to provide names (of there angels perhaps), and have the candles burning on stage, but with all the names listed on a big screen or something, ill have a think.

I am in Glasgow, but am going to come down for the concert, ill stay with friends, deffinately so will be around to help im sure (will confirm though), I have quite a few contacts down there so ill see what I can do, a freind of mine, knows some pretty influential people so ill see how I can help.

Leave it with me, (ill add you onto facebook if ok, to make it easier to contact you.)

xx

Hi Peach Blossom,

Firstly I want to say well done for organising this, it is amazing :hugs:

I have been to a SANDS memorial thing with about 200 people there, all lighting candles. They used tea light candles (if you need more I can donate a few of the 100 packs from Ikea) on a table with bigger candles at the back already lit, there is a few people giving out bigger candles to people so they can use it to light a tea light candle once lit the person hands it back to someone and so the process goes on. SANDS tend to not do any thing to make them look pretty, cos the mass of candles speaks for it self and truly is heart breaking, stands for all our loved and missed babies. Does this make sense? If not just ask me to clarify.

Also I am London based, if I can help in any way just let me know.

Also I will pm you when I have had a think about what to write with regards to Honey and my four miscarriages, is that okay?

Hi Peach Blossom,

Firstly I want to say well done for organising this, it is amazing :hugs:

I have been to a SANDS memorial thing with about 200 people there, all lighting candles. They used tea light candles (if you need more I can donate a few of the 100 packs from Ikea) on a table with bigger candles at the back already lit, there is a few people giving out bigger candles to people so they can use it to light a tea light candle once lit the person hands it back to someone and so the process goes on. SANDS tend to not do any thing to make them look pretty, cos the mass of candles speaks for it self and truly is heart breaking, stands for all our loved and missed babies. Does this make sense? If not just ask me to clarify.

Also I am London based, if I can help in any way just let me know.

Thanks Tasha. I think that's a good idea. I was planning to have a table or something on stage with at least some of the candles on it so that the back drop to the concert was the candles. Have to think of stupid practical things like fire safety with it being a theatre... Will probably have to have a fireman standing next to them! :rofl:

The most help people can do right now is get the message about the concert out there and get people to come. Nearer the time and on the day I will be very grateful for any help offered and it would also be really lovely to meet some of you.

Let me know messages for the film when you are ready. There is no rush for them.

:hug: and thanks to you all so far for the great support! xxx

Hi Peaches, Im not based in London but it's 2.5 hours from here on train or 3.5 by car. I am happy to help you set up on the day, just means I'll travel a little earlier. Just wondering what you are putting in the packs? Maybe some posters to promote the event could be good, you could then email us the design and we can print some off and post them around places in our areas. xx

I want to help with this London is about 2 hours from me i think but i would LOVE to help on the day and will defo be attending. xxx

hi hun i would love to help out myself i have had 2 mc one just on monday and i had a neo natal death 6 years ago , i would love to help in any way possible , for the candles how about setting them up on a table shaped in love hearts that would represent the love that people have for their angel babys , i suppose could you get like the covers that cover the candles so they are not blown out ? xxx

hi hun i would love to help out myself i have had 2 mc one just on monday and i had a neo natal death 6 years ago , i would love to help in any way possible , for the candles how about setting them up on a table shaped in love hearts that would represent the love that people have for their angel babys , i suppose could you get like the covers that cover the candles so they are not blown out ? xxx

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry to hear your news. :hugs: I love your idea of arranging the candles in hearts. :hugs:

Hey Peach, I'm also in London and would be more then happy to come help out on the day. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there. Will have a think about the candle thing and if there's anything else you need help with then let me know, not working so I have a heap of free time on my hands at the moment,

Thanks Kota. I'm going to sit down with myself this weekend and do a list of everything that needs to be done. Then I'll let you know what's on the list and you can choose what you want to do! :hugs: xxx

hey honey :hugs:

Great idea! It's pity I'm in Glasgow :( But I might come down I'll keep you posted.

XXX

What a lovely idea! I actually got goose bumps and went all teary! I lost my little boy Bodhi this march at 36.4 weeks due to placental abruption. I would love to help,just not sure how i can??:dohh: I would love to attend too,so would be keeping up with the thread to stay up to date. If i wanted to add Bodhi to the film would that be ok? Do we just wright a few words and does it include a piccy too? Sorry for all the questions. My hubby is doing a sponsored bike ride for Sands,well its in the making! So am trying to help him with that too. Not that im very good,he tells me what to do and i go "yes sir".:haha:

Hey Natasja, so sorry for your loss. The messages will shape the film. You can write a short message to Bodhi or you can write a short message about your experience... or both. If you would like to include a photo then I will do my best to include it for you. My email address is: [email protected] for anyone who wants to send me photos, images or messages that they don't want to leave on BnB.

:hug: to you all

Hi Peaches, I think what your doing is so great and the response on here is brilliant... It will be so great to meet everyone aswell....
In the messages do you want a short piece of writing for people to read quite quickly or a longer version. The reason I ask is i could write a bloody essay lol (I wont tho :rofl: )!! Are the messages being put on a over head projector or something? Sorry to sound so picky, just want to check before I send you something thats not what you need xxx

I think for the film it would be best to have a short message that can be read quite quickly. My DH will be putting together a film that will be projected on to a screen. I was also thinking though that I could include some longer stories and experiences as part of the programme. Its all about raising awareness and I think it would be good to have the stories for people to read. Does that sound like a good idea?

:)

You know I was thinking about this last night and realised that its going to be held in the week of my angels EDD. He/She was due on the 12th Oct. Thank you for giving me a way that I can do something special and remember that day in a loving way,
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->