Concert in aid of The Baby Loss Awareness Campaign

oh Kota, I'm pleased that you'll have a special way to acknowledge the passing of the EDD... :hugs:

Here is the poster design. Let me know what you think. https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/jessicalchu/BLACcopy.jpg[/IMG]

wow, peaches the poster looks amazing....I really like it :) I am going to have a think this weekend about what to write for the film....will pm you with it once it's done xx

Ok, so here are the beginnings of my list of things to do... If anyone wants to help then please feel free to take something from the list!! I could do with as much help as possible!

1. Put together an information pack - contact fertility clinics, SANDS Charity, Miscarriage Association, Ectopic Pregnancy Trust and ARC for leaflets.
2. Get a bulk lot of the Campaign ribbons
3. Find a table and tiered stand (like they have in churches) for the candles
4. Work out best way to light candles – matches/lighters/tapers?
5. Beg, borrow or steal coloured gel or sand for candles to sit in – to reduce fire hazard and looks pretty
6. Collect messages from people who have lost a baby.
7. Get a list of people willing to be ushers for the event
8. Beg, borrow or steal a projector screen for film at end
9. Send e-flyer and posters to EPUs (for nurses and healthcare workers), support groups, charities etc. If you PM me your email address I can send you the e-flyer and poster.
10. Spread the word every which way.
11. Contact some high profile people to attend... ideas welcome!
12. Contact the press about the event.

Thank you for all your support so far! Without you I'd feel like I have a very very big hill to climb! :hug: :hug:

what a great idea hun! If i can be of help in any way let me know. Dont think ill be able to come though, dont feel strong enough tbh xxx

Hey Amy, thank you for your offer of help. To be honest, right now I just need to get the message out there and sell the tickets! Sorry you don't feel strong enough to come, but I totally understand. I will light a candle for you. :hugs:

hey peaches, im happy to put some pics together. i can also bring some bags of sand if you let me know the amount you think you will need....i live right by the sea so wont cost a penny :)
please forward the poster to me i will pm you my emaila address in a mo, i will put it in the the local dr's surgery and early pregancy unit if I am allowed..... also one in my car and other places i can think of
how do we go about getting campaign ribbons?
also im happy to put packs together but unsure what you want in them, if you want them all the same and how many..... I could pack a load up and get the courried to you so they are there and ready before the day so i dont have to lugg them up
it's great what your doing but we have to work quick only 2 months to go xxx

Hey Laura,

I think we can get a bulk load of ribbons from the Baby Loss Awareness UK people. www.babyloss-awareness.org. Trouble lis they don't reply to emails that often and beacuse I'm at work I can't phone them during the day.

I'll work out exactly how to lay out the candles and will let you know about the sand! Thanks for that.

I guess with the information packs, I wanted people to be able to take away information about the support there is out there. Perhaps we don't need to do packs, but just have leaflets available for people to pick up if they want to. So I guess its just a matter of contacting the support charities and organisations and asking them to send leaflets... Perhaps I could do a list of people to get leaftlets from and we could divide it between us. If we go straight to the charities we can get them to send them to me at my office which is close to the theatre.

Will send you the poster.

Thank you for helping! 2 months isn't long is it?!! :hug:

hey peaches, thanks for the poster :) sounds good about posting the leaflets direct to your work, makes sense :) I am very happy to call companies for leaflets, I do alot of professional calls at work so quite confident to do so. I will start this week, could you email me ur details for them to forward to please?
also i am off thursdays and fridays so i can call for the ribbons too, how many are we prediciting to arrive or how many of each shall i request?
xxx

That would be great if you could be on leaflet duty. I'm working on the assumption that a third of the people coming tothe event will want to buy a ribbon, so I guess 100 ribbons... I'm thinking we could ask them to supply them free of charge and then we will send them the money and any ribbons left over after the event... what do you think?

Still no word from Peter Andre. I chased his agent today. By the looks of things he's due to go to America soon, so if I've not heard anything by Weds I'll approach Ben Fogle.

Thank you once again to everyone for all your help so far.

:hug: :hug:

Peach - I had a bit of a brain wave regarding how to get word out...
Have you thought of contacting the big baby mags in the UK. 'Mother & Baby' 'Practical Parenting' 'Pregnancy and birth' etc??
They quite often have a "Whats on this month?" section and routinely do articules on miscarriage and pregnancy loss. Their Oct issues would be released in the 1st week of September so it may be worth giving them a call/email and see if they can just put something small in about it? with a picture of the poster you've designed and where the tickets can be bought from. Even if only one of the big mags took it up you'd certainly get word out to a large amount of people.

Great idea Kota! Thank you. Xx

I had an email from the ectopic pregnancy trust saying that they have a conference on that day in London and if I could get them some leaflets and posters they'll see if the 80 delegates want to come!! They said they'd promote it too!!

:hugs: xx

Wow you have been busy getting sorted while I've been away!!! Please send me the poster too and I'll put it up in useful places. Might be worth adding something which explains a bit more what you're hoping will happen and why. I'll give it some more thought for you. Meanwhile am going to contact a couple of friends re projector. Anything else I can do let me know - delegate Peaches!!!
PS how nice to think that I'll get to meet some of you who have become so important to me

yay Chilli! You're back! :happydance: Great to have you on board for the concert! Thanks for asking about a projector. It will need to plug in to my OH's laptop if you need that info.

Text or PM me your email address hon and I'll send you the poster. I'm going to get some printed up and can send them out to people who'd like some by post... Agree about putting more info on it, but at the moment I'm not entirely sure what the programme is going to be or who is going to be involved... But OH is putting a website together so perhaps I can put more details on there and put the website address on the poster.

You ladies have been so great! Thank you! :hug: xxx

Did you already contact Lily Allen? and the girl in Coronation Street who just had loss recently?

Contacted Lily Allen, she's unavailable. Is Kym Marsh the girl from Corrie? Think my colleague knows her. Will contact her. Thanks ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->