Confident Enough Now...

DazedConfused

Mama to 1
Reaction score
I think...

Hi there, I finally feel confidant enough to post here and say my goal is a home birth. I think? I guess I have my days where I lose confidence in myself! Is that normal? Or were you all 100% confidant and sure of yourself.

I'm only 19 and this is my first birth of my surprise baby lol.
So what gave you confidence going in to a home birthing experience? Help/experience appreciated :kiss:

Hey hon :flow:

A bit of doubt is totally normal! I'm pretty set on a home birth but I still have days where I have a 'wobble' and get all worried about it and freak myself out.

For me I really don't like hospitals that much and feel that I will be so much happier and calm at home, and I really do believe that being calm and relaxed is the key to a positive intervention free labour.
Try reading 'New Active Labour' - its a great book and really makes birth seem 'do-able'

In hospital there is very little to do but focus on labour and pain and worry, as well as the constant awareness that pain relief is right there.

At home I can be active, distracted and focus on positives like the fact I'm about to meet my daughter, everything is familiar and I am in a calm happy place (haha hoping my house is still standing!!) and using other pain relief methods.

I know that Chch Womens is close (ish) and if there are any issues I will have a blue light transfer there and they will keep both Boo and I safe.

But I just don't feel its an environment that I will 'thrive' in.

Are you in Chch? If you want to meet up or chat just let me know :flower:

At around 30 weeks I was all for a hospital birth and any drugs available as I didn't think I'd be able to handle giving birth at all, just scared I guess. But I gave myself a bit of a talking to and read a lot about home births and water births so I'm a lot more clued up now and I'm actually looking forward to the experience. Our bodies were made for this so bring it on I say!!!

Oooh thanks for that! I'm not the only one :thumbup:

I live in central Christchurch but plan on giving birth at my MiL's home in South Brighton, keep thinking is that too far from central! eek

When are you due? Haha might be nice to talk to someone who doesn't think I'm nuts:kiss:

Haha your not nuts at all! I'll drop you a PM with my email and number on it :flow:

You should be fine in South Brighton - by ambo its a easy drive across town. I'm due on the 4th Dec but premmies run in both DH and my families so we think she might make an appearance sooner (haha now she'll go 2 weeks overdue just to prove me wrong)

We live out of town so its about 45 mins to Chch Womens (probably 20 by ambo) but I trust my m/w to make sure *if* we need a transfer its done with plenty of time.

I guess in my head I just think 'i'll stay at home as long as possible' and if that proves to be right through and I birth at home then great, if I need to go into central it will be by blue light transfer and at least I know I'm there because I need to be. IYKWIM?

Haha your not nuts at all! I'll drop you a PM with my email and number on it :flow:

You should be fine in South Brighton - by ambo its a easy drive across town. I'm due on the 4th Dec but premmies run in both DH and my families so we think she might make an appearance sooner (haha now she'll go 2 weeks overdue just to prove me wrong)

We live out of town so its about 45 mins to Chch Womens (probably 20 by ambo) but I trust my m/w to make sure *if* we need a transfer its done with plenty of time.

I guess in my head I just think 'i'll stay at home as long as possible' and if that proves to be right through and I birth at home then great, if I need to go into central it will be by blue light transfer and at least I know I'm there because I need to be. IYKWIM?

Sounds good! Email buddy yay :thumbup:

Hahaha you'll be preggo for the next year now! she'll never come lol.

Thanks for the confidence boost :flower:

Doubt is completely normal honey :flower:

But you CAN do it.I planned a homebirth for my little boy and I'm only a teeny bit older than you (was 20 at the time).Unfortunately I had him on the snowiest day of the year and due to the midwifes that were meant to be coming to me getting stuck in the snow I ended up in an ambulance to hospital :dohh:

Good luck sweetie,there are lots of brilliant ladies on this forum who will be able to give you all the advice you need xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->