Confirmed Ectopic Pregnancy (right-sided Ovarian Pregnancy) 1/15/19

lsack031817

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

It's been a whirlwind of a month. I had a post in December called "most confusing BFP ever" and I wanted to update everyone that it actually was a confirmed ectopic pregnancy in my right ovary (ovarian pregnancies are extremely rare), confirmed on 1/15/19 in the ER. This was my very first pregnancy and I had none of the risk factors for an ectopic pregnancy to begin with.

I added a photo of my HPT from today 1/19/19 (4 days post methotrexate injection). Was told to wait 3 months after the MTX injection to start TTC again to build up my folic acid and allow the drug to clear from my system.

Here are a list of all of my beta HCG's from this pregnancy so far:
20 - 12/21
40 - 12/24
45 - 12/26
29 - 12/28
26 - 01/03
90 - 01/09
136 - 01/11
149 - 01/14
160 - 01/15 (confirmed ectopic and given methotrexate injection)

Had another blood test this morning to see if levels are getting lower or not.
Have had some mild spotting/bloody mucus started on 1/17/19 and hasn't gotten any heavier.

Questions for you ladies are:
1. Anyone else ever have a confirmed ectopic pregnancy in one of their ovaries and not in a tube?
2. How long after methotrexate did you conceive or start trying to conceive and was the pregnancy successful?
3. When did your first period come after being given the methotrexate injection?
4. Did you require more than one injection to end the pregnancy?
5. After your ectopic did you end up having a recurrent miscarriage or ectopic the next time you got pregnant?

Glad to finally have some answers. Hoping I can put this all behind me very soon.

1:19:19 HPT still very dark (4 days post MTX injection).jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I don't have answers to any of your questions, but I'm sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic in my right fallopian tube removed by emergency surgery on 1/6. It has definitely been an emotional rollercoaster

I did not have the mtx shot, but from my understanding, most doctors recommend to wait at least 3 months after due to the increased risk of birth defects linked to the shot.

I found a link to a study that may be of interest:
Maternal Exposure to Methotrexate and Birth Defects: a Population-Based Study

I wish you well with your recovery.

Hi

I don't have answers to any of your questions, but I'm sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic in my right fallopian tube removed by emergency surgery on 1/6. It has definitely been an emotional rollercoaster

I did not have the mtx shot, but from my understanding, most doctors recommend to wait at least 3 months after due to the increased risk of birth defects linked to the shot.

I found a link to a study that may be of interest:
Maternal Exposure to Methotrexate and Birth Defects: a Population-Based Study

I wish you well with your recovery.

Hi ohmilfy1,

Thanks for the response and the kind words. My doctor is recommending 2-3 cycles before TTC again so that's probably what I will do. I am just feeling so frustrated waiting for my HCG to finally go down to zero, it wasn't that high to begin with and it seems like it's taking forever to go down. I won't know if the methotrexate is working until my appt tomorrow, so I'm nervous that I may have to get a second injection or get surgery if it doesn't work the way it is supposed too.

I am so sorry for your loss and that they couldn't save your tube. That is a huge fear of mine with this pregnancy because I don't want to rupture my ovary :( I just want my body to respond the way it is supposed too so I can continue living my life and trying to start a family. I hope you're recovering well from your surgery and wishing you all the best.

My wording was confusing. The fetal tissue was removed during the surgery, but the doctor was able to repair my tube. I am extremely grateful for that because I lost my left ovary and fallopian tube during a cystectomy 6 years ago.

I totally understand your desire to move forward. I can't have an HSG done until I have had two cycles, and I'd really like to know the condition of my tube. My hCG was 1019 the day of surgery, 603 the following day, 372 one week later, 187 one week after, and finally below 5 four days after that. It was unpredictable, to say the least. Since then, my basal body temperature seems to be stabilizing.

I hope you received good news at your appointment today!

Hi ladies,

To update: things are on the up and up. I received word that my bloodwork from 1/19/19 went down to 153. I then had a second blood draw on 1/22/19 that showed a drop to 121 which was enough that I was told I did not need another methotrexate injection. A week later on 1/29/19 my beta HCG was only 39 so that was a great drop. I had some more random spotting the week after this, lost a few small clots, and then I have stopped spotting since 2/1. I believe now that my HCG is at zero but they won't recheck it until next Tuesday. I took an OPK the last two nights and they were negative, when before while I still had HCG in my system even my OPK's were positive.

I am happy that this is finally over. It feels weird to finally be done with all of this and back to "normal" life, if you will. I am very nervous to start TTC again in a few months. I am going to start taking my prenatals again to build up my folic acid and see what happens. I still have no idea when I am going to ovulate so I am going to be taking OPK's basically every day until I see a positive result so I can get back to tracking my cycles.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I didnt have an ectopic pregnancy, so I cant really answer your questions. But really wanted to give condolences. It's so hard to start ttcing after a loss. I'm in that boat right now as well, feeling worried and scared to get pregnant again part. So good luck and continue to post and chat it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->