Confirmed Measles at Work...

nabo86

Mam
Reaction score
I'm a secondary school teacher and the head came to tell me yesterday there has been a confirmed case that a girl from sixth form has measles. I don't teach this girl but obviously there's the worry it could now spread across school...

I rang the docs yesterday to confirm if I had the MMR jabs (my mam is 90% sure I did) but they said they wouldn't be able to let me know until Monday - I don't really know why they couldn't just look in my notes yesterday..?! :shrug:

I'm trying not to worry - is anyone else working in an environment where this could be an issue? Should I let my MW know or is that OTT - I have an appointment on Friday anyway...

I had similar situation with a work colleague in early 2nd tri - not with measles but with TB. My doctors were surprisingly relaxed about it and I ended up never contracting it anyway so it wasn't an issue.

Look at it that way - if it were something to be very concerned about they would have had you in for a measles booster there and then.

:hugs:

i work in a nursery with pre-school kids, we havent got anything there yet but even if there was there is nothing you can do, so don't worry yourself too much

This worries me too. I'm a registered nurse and come across a lot of viruses and diseases that should be avoided in pregnancy but some u just can't avoid. As measles isn't airborne you should be fine, I looked after a patient last week who had viral meningitis, I made sure I did the bare minimum to care for him but didn't touch him. I wasn't happy about it though!

I had similar situation with a work colleague in early 2nd tri - not with measles but with TB. My doctors were surprisingly relaxed about it and I ended up never contracting it anyway so it wasn't an issue.

Look at it that way - if it were something to be very concerned about they would have had you in for a measles booster there and then.

:hugs:

That is not safe during pregnancy so no they wouldn't.

I would tell them your not going in until you find out about immunity and get a sub. I'm sure they'll understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->